Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Banned
2,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who pushes the tongue back in the mouth for the photo? :tongue:

you guys who take shirtless pics in the field with your kills need not answer.:pukey:

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
To me, sometimes it matters..sometimes it doesn't. Depends on the photo's purpose.

You can give it respect by putting the tounge in and taking fancy shots, but to me, I remember looking over old photos of deer on the pole or ones that were not "dressed up" like today, and it doesn't really bother me all that much. If it is going into publication, then yes, likely, just for publishing sanity.

But, I liken to think I just killed the thing. Sometimes I get a few nice shots before dressing. Other times, I really like the ones at the end of the tailgate. It seems to me to capture the human element of hunting and the experience. Many times I do not get to admire the deer in the field (darkness, etc.) and the first chance I really get to do that is when the deer plops onto the tailgate. I can take a step back and admire the experience and accomplishment, and recognize/respect the "harvest" of the animal.

·
Banned
2,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To me, sometimes it matters..sometimes it doesn't. Depends on the photo's purpose.

You can give it respect by putting the tounge in and taking fancy shots, but to me, I remember looking over old photos of deer on the pole or ones that were not "dressed up" like today, and it doesn't really bother me all that much. If it is going into publication, then yes, likely, just for publishing sanity.

But, I liken to think I just killed the thing. Sometimes I get a few nice shots before dressing. Other times, I really like the ones at the end of the tailgate. It seems to me to capture the human element of hunting and the experience. Many times I do not get to admire the deer in the field (darkness, etc.) and the first chance I really get to do that is when the deer plops onto the tailgate. I can take a step back and admire the experience and accomplishment, and recognize/respect the "harvest" of the animal.
If I hit a deer for sure, I'll get out my dig cam and take a pic from where I was sitting and where
it was standing. Just waiting for the track. And I'll take a pic when I walk up to it where it's laying.
That's the best part, right? Finding your trophy

·
Smilin' Bob
25,077 Posts
Depends on how much time (heat, time since kill, etc.) I have.

Sometimes its better than others. FWIW I waited 'til after the picture to take my shirt off this year. You should thank me. ;)

·
have bow-will travel
3,993 Posts
I always do and try to smooth out the hide as well, the animal gave me alot of fun hunting it, it deserves to look good in the photos.

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
Yes, I always try to push the tongue back in and wipe off any excess blood around the mouth.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
I cover the deer with a yellow tarp and wrap police line around the closest trees. I fashion the tarp so only the rack shows...

wouldn't want to upset some antihunter with my personal photo collection...
:wink:

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I rarely put the tongue back in. I don't have anything against it but I'm usually too stinkin excited and I forget

·
Registered
14,717 Posts
cut it off

·
Registered
37,113 Posts
I cant help but have my tongue out for the pictures. I just shot a nice buck and I'm excited. Oh you probably mean the deer tongue....:embara:

1 - 20 of 49 Posts