Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
203 4/8 non-typical
12,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the latest Celebs (who i have never heard of) getting busted.Am I the only one who could careless about filming my hunts and humping the film out to anyone that will put me on TV?? Does anyone hunt to hunt anymore?

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
If I do watch, which isn't often, I have mute on and turn channel commercial breaks.
I just like to watch the deer.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I video my hunts, have for 15yrs, enjoy the added challenge and being able to look back and have some documented for personal use. I would much rather hang out with someone who video's their hunts, than some fool who sits over a pile-o-corn and thinks they're hunting.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
of course you don't video your hunts, your bishop might find out and you'd get booted out of your church.

btw, you & i are one the thunderhead team, and theres not many of us left.

·
203 4/8 non-typical
12,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I video my hunts, have for 15yrs, enjoy the added challenge and being able to look back and have some documented for personal use. I would much rather hang out with someone who video's their hunts, than some fool who sits over a pile-o-corn and thinks they're hunting.
10-4 on the cornpile

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
I have no idea why people want to film their own hunts. Just hunt man. I don't want to have to be polite and sit though footage of your hunt you seem to think other people want to see, you don't really want to see mine, I'd rather go hunt again for real than sit at home watching video of some other time I got off the couch...

·
Shoot straight!
3,621 Posts
Could care less. Its hard enough to kill mature bucks let alone have another guy there to stink up the woods.

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
With the latest Celebs (who i have never heard of) getting busted.Am I the only one who could careless about filming my hunts and humping the film out to anyone that will put me on TV?? Does anyone hunt to hunt anymore?
I might film some of my own hunts in the future, but that will be for personal use only.
I don't hunt to get on tv, to be famous or rich.
And I don't hunt to fill my house with big trophies and to fill my freezer with meat.
I hunt because every cell in my body screams to me that I NEED to hunt.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Your not the only one who could care less.
I have absolutely no dam* interest in filming my hunts. I don't even know how to operate a camera. And quite honestly I don't even know how to set up a trail cam.

·
Registered
Moxie Antigen. Hoyt Carbon Spyder.
1,171 Posts
Just a growing part of our culture now; trying to be "famous" on youtube or the boobtube instead of aspiring to be good or do good things.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I would like to try it with my son or family/friends for personal use and memories. Maybe. Even then, there's something special about being in the woods with my kids, and having a moment (seeing a deer, killing a deer, seeing a bobcat, etc, etc) that only we share, that sharing with 100 other people via video, even if it is at home on our personal TV, takes the experience out of it. I like being with my kids and seeing something cool, and just saying "this is our moment, nobody else's...our memory."

I don't begrudge guys who want to be on TV, but the good ones (original, quality material, easy to listen to) are few and far between.

·
Blue Marlin
3,001 Posts
I have no desire to put out publicly but I like to record hunts for my family to see.. It adds to the challenge and some of the best hunts I've ever had have been with my camera guy. Not the killing part but the laughs you can have 25' up a tree.
We take turns with who has the bow in hand.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Part of going to the woods is to unplug from the world not drag it there with me.

I shoot a few vids w/ my phone of critters but that's as far as Im going.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
I have a camera mounted to my bow. Of course it's not going to take quality video for TV use. Mainly have it to maybe capture anything cool that might happen or something I might see. As far as filming the shot, after I let the arrow fly the footage sucks...LOL. Don't really know why they call them celebs. Anyone who has the money can put a hunting show on TV.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts