Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
I like big buffs!
4,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man, am I 'old school' or what?

I'm still shooting a two prong Infinity rest, aluminums, and 4" AAE vanes. I say if it's not broke, don't mess with it.

In the last couple of days I've noticed a few 'show your bow' threads, and it seems damn near everybody is shooting Axis arrows, a drop away or bisquit, and Blazers. Actually I've known this for awhile, but now I'm curious.

How many 'old schoolers' are left out there? :confused:

Attachments

·
Banned
19,441 Posts
Let's see, I have Axis arrows, TT drop away rest and wait a minute.......... AAE 4" vanes. One out of three count for something?

·
Mountaineer
138 Posts
Axis arrows, TT drop away rest, and Blazer vanes. Out of the 3, the only one that really improved my shooting was the drop away rest lol. Yeah, I did jump on the bandwagon with the arrows and vanes, I gotta have the "new and best" stuff that everybody talks about! I really like the Blazer's though, they do a nice job for broadhead flight, but so did the regular prefletched vanes that came on my Axis's. Oh well, if I don't kill one with my setup this year, at least I'll know I definately have what it takes to do with! :darkbeer:

·
Registered
6,062 Posts
no axis for me, but the TT rest and blazers on my GTs work great for me. I am old school at heart but have to admit the nature of the technollogy made me do it:eek:

·
Registered
539 Posts
Already had the blazers and MZE, just went and bought some AXIS arrows this weekend. These are the first arrows I bought to use out of this bow. Had been using hand me downs from my first bow. Current bow is 2"shorter on the draw length, and luckily my old arrows worked just that they are too long.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Axis arrows,Blazer vanes,Nap drop away. It took me a long time to get into this rut, and I aint climbing out for no-one:wink:

Mark

·
Registered
99 Posts
Well,I 'm old school(again)been around the world trying all the new and greatest stuff each yr.I'm back where I started 15yrs ago.Alum arrows,cat wiskers,and my old ze.shooting better than ever and will never go over!

·
Registered
470 Posts
I'm pretty far from old school. But I don't have the three you mentioned. I have a drop away, Blazers, and Superslims.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
im not shootin a drop away,thought about it but the w.b. is doing just fine and im shooting radial x weave arrows(under rated arrows, tough little buggers) but i do use blazers ,best vane ever in my book.tried the axis arrows out but didnt have any luck with them out past 25 yrds.with my set up.

·
Registered
16,024 Posts
I'm with ya. Goldenkey Prong style rest, 2213 aluminum's with 3-4" feathers, this combo has taken a bunch of game for me and will continue to do it. When your grouping broadheads with your field tips out to 40 yards what's to change?????

·
Registered
14,403 Posts
Heck you are only 30, your too young to be old school. (I'm 29 BTW)

Nothing wrong with what you are using. There is a lot of great equipment out there today. Variety is the spice of life!

·
Aim Small-Miss Small
2,827 Posts
I am with you on If it ain't broke don't fix it I shooting Beman Ics's, 3-d rover and 4 inch feathers. I have been looking at some drop aways, probably won't change this year!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Nothing wrong with that set up buddy. For the longest time i was shooting a quicktune 1000 and loved it.

·
CottonHeadedNinnyMuggins
1,244 Posts
I consider myself oldschool at 30, but only because I've been in and around archery my whole life.

I'm shooting the TT drop away, and ACC's with 4" FlexFletch vanes.

·
Registered
14,295 Posts
I shoot Axis through a biscuit and GT/CT through a dropaway. I've never used blazers in my life. I've never shot a wrapped arrow in my life either. I have Blazer wraps that the guys from A-Way Hunting products sent me but no Blazer vanes....:sad:

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I got the drop and the axis, but no blazers for me. Why shoot a drop away and blazers ? The drop away TT was so I could get my big 4'' vanes with all the twist my blitz puts on em to the target without any contact. Oh you also forgot a triple sts, a windstalker, slicktricks, and maybe some red charm loop too.:wink:

P.S. what is crackerised ?

·
Registered
14,403 Posts
Good351 said:
I consider myself oldschool at 30, but only because I've been in and around archery my whole life.

I'm shooting the TT drop away, and ACC's with 4" FlexFletch vanes.
Good351, you are definitely NOT old school, just experienced. :)
I have been hunting and shooting since I was 12 also. To me, "old school" is synonymous with the "I stopped learning years ago" attitude. That is very different than someone who understands what new equipment is out there, knows how to use it to its full potential, but who sticks with their current setup because of personal preference, etc.

I saw a 40-50 year old guy at a 3D shoot this weekend shooting a late 80's Pearson Spoiler. Steel cables and Dacron . . . THATS old school. :wink:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Golden Key Futura Rest - Easton Stalker Arrows

I Love my Shoot through rest... I don't like Bisquits cause they mess up the vanes. And I don't have the patience to tune a drop away.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts