Archery Talk Forum banner

AM32 question

717 12
I have a new AM 32. I was out shooting yesterday and I noticed that the rubber on the sts was turning when I shot. So I straightened it up and tightened the bolt and it is now staying straight after the shot. But it is now creating more vibration and makes a little more noise. What do you believe is the problem?

Also, I shot is through a crono with a 400 grain arrow at 60 lbs. and only got 264, #2 cams, 28 inch draw. I was expecting a bit faster. Does that seem a bit slow? I was expecting more around 280 fps.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
734 Posts
seems about right to me

320ish IBO -20 FPS for 60lb limbs, -15 FPS for 400 grain arrow, -25 FPS or so for 28" draw

seems right on par

· Banned
3,502 Posts
Check draw stop timing and move the string stopper in about an 1/8

· Registered
7,119 Posts
Your speed is slow compared to what others have posted with the #2 cam 28" DL and a 400 grain arrow. Yes you should be getting closer to 280 if what others have posted have been accurate, especially if that is 60lb limbs. If it is 70 lb limbs backed to 60 that would make a difference.

· Banned
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Your speed is slow compared to what others have posted with the #2 cam 28" DL and a 400 grain arrow. Yes you should be getting closer to 280 if what others have posted have been accurate, especially if that is 60lb limbs. If it is 70 lb limbs backed to 60 that would make a difference.
It is a 70# bow backed off to 60. I will eventually increase the lbs. Why would that make a difference?

· Registered
343 Posts
Am32

I bought one about a month ago. The book says the string should be touching the string stop. I noticed what I would describe as a buzz to the string. My Ross Cardiac is dead quite but the string stop material is much softer. I called Hoyt last week and asked if they were coming out with a softer rubber, they said no. The also said there should be an approximately 1/8" gap between the string and string stop. I made that adjustment and the buzz went away.

· Premium Member
964 Posts
I have a new AM 32. I was out shooting yesterday and I noticed that the rubber on the sts was turning when I shot. So I straightened it up and tightened the bolt and it is now staying straight after the shot. But it is now creating more vibration and makes a little more noise. What do you believe is the problem?

Also, I shot is through a crono with a 400 grain arrow at 60 lbs. and only got 264, #2 cams, 28 inch draw. I was expecting a bit faster. Does that seem a bit slow? I was expecting more around 280 fps.
If you are shooting a 28 inch draw,you are shooting #3 cams,per Hoyt tune charts the #2 cams only go to a 27.5 draw length.So if they are #2 cams,you may only be shooting a 27.5 draw length.
Did you re-adjust the stealth shot to almost touch the string after turning it?
It should be adjusted to leave a slight gap between the string and the supressor at brace height.

· Banned
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If you are shooting a 28 inch draw,you are shooting #3 cams,per Hoyt tune charts the #2 cams only go to a 27.5 draw length.So if they are #2 cams,you may only be shooting a 27.5 draw length.
Did you re-adjust the stealth shot to almost touch the string after turning it?
It should be adjusted to leave a slight gap between the string and the supressor at brace height.
The #2 cam goes from 26-28" and the #3 goes from 28-30", so a 28" dl can have either cam. I have the #2 with the 2E module for 28".

I have now adjusted the sts and the noise is still present. I think that its' the QAD rest. I noticed that there is a place that the arrow seems to be rubbing on the rest. I'll try and trouble shoot that.

Thanks for the advice.

· Registered
843 Posts
My little piece of rubber on my sts for my new AM32 spins a little too, and I did the same thing, I tightened it up and it seems fine. As far as noise, I am new to archery so the thing sounds quiet compared to my rifles!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.