Votes: 19 30.2%
  • military connection

Votes: 44 69.8%
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I also am curious to know the breakdown of those with no military connection......

So indulge me please......

·
Registered
24,470 Posts
stodrette said:
I also am curious to know the breakdown of those with no military connection......

So indulge me please......
i know you and stodr....does that count for anything

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well OBT it could count, but for informational purposes...no

Toothy, any connection, past or present;)

and I know there are more than 120 people on this site, so let's get busy!!!

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
SGT Royal Air Force rtd.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
No connection. Definitely a higher calling.

·
Registered
134 Posts
been in the Army for 17 1/2 years.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Did six years myself, out for two.

Grandfather did 27yrs, served in every branch of service during that time, started enlisted, ended up a major for the fly boys.

·
Registered
12,739 Posts
jerrytee said:
SGT Royal Air Force rtd.
I was stationed in your neighborhood for about 4 years...RAF Lakenheath. :)

·
NC ASA Director
36,016 Posts
Heidelberg, West Germany! 3 years active Army, 3 years inactive. :thumb:

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
Hey Tooth when were you at Lakenheath? I was there from june 81-june 83. Used to be a Nuke Puke!:darkbeer: Ken

·
Registered
12,739 Posts
I BOW 2 said:
Hey Tooth when were you at Lakenheath? I was there from june 81-june 83. Used to be a Nuke Puke!:darkbeer: Ken
Ken, I was there from 86-90. You were a 463 eh? I was a 462. :D

Don't you mean Lakenhell? :D :D I hated loading in the mask. :D

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
A LOAD TOAD eh!!!!! Yeah I don't miss those days. Nothing nicer sounding than a Thunder Pig on a low ceiling day. Ken

·
Registered
12,739 Posts
I BOW 2 said:
A LOAD TOAD eh!!!!! Yeah I don't miss those days. Nothing nicer sounding than a Thunder Pig on a low ceiling day. Ken
Yeah they were loud. :D What sucked was driving a jammer from Blue and Green North in the rain. :D Humping SUUs was no way to make a livin'. :D

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
We'll have to get together at some shoot and releive the horrors! ;) Ken

·
Registered
12,739 Posts
I BOW 2 said:
We'll have to get together at some shoot and releive the horrors! ;) Ken
I will help you right now... :D :D BSU49s getting pickled. :D Ahhhh, the sweet sound of freedom. This baby went to Libya. The ribbon on the tail tells you that. I have a fighter pilot friend that got this for me. I think this was at Red Flag. I am sure we could spend a few hours reliving our time there. I worked Green and Blue section, but I have loaded this one before. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
I was the Army and Defense Intelligence Agency representative to the Ministry of Defence in London from 1986-1989 and used to shoot the archery range off the end of the runway at Lakenheath whenever I could find a reason to get up there.

·
washed up wannabe
12,235 Posts
Connection?

Weak one... I was well into three years of Air Force ROTC before they disqualified me for medical reasons...

Strong one...my bro-in-law is SF Army at Bragg in N.C. He's currently still recovering from wounds received in Afghanistan, but it's going well and he's looking forward to going back.

My wife and I fully support the military and it's mission.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Joined National Guard while in High School. After 3 years in Guard I flunked physical with heart condition when I went for active duty physical. Therefor no active duty for me.

My only son pulled 10 years in Navy as a Submariner and I have number 2 grandson in Marines on active duty and number 1 grandson in Navy Reserve at this time.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts