Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
I almost bought a couple to try but decided to go with the Rocket Ultimate Steels instead. I think they are a great flying head from everything I have heard about them, but wanted something with a stronger point in case I hit bone.

·
Registered
16,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I almost bought a couple to try but decided to go with the Rocket Ultimate Steels instead. I think they are a great flying head from everything I have heard about them, but wanted something with a stronger point in case I hit bone.
I like the 50% off sale till the end of the year lol. :tongue:

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I have some and the flight is good but the cutting diameter is kinda small on mine.

·
2,188 Posts
I shot the 125 gr Sonic for a short time. Flew great and was very sharp. Only downside was "durability", the design of the aluminum ferrule wasn't the strongest. I had 2 of them break at the base of the threads when going through deer leaving the threaded part stuck in the arrow. Still produced kills and did their job, I have since opted to go with my G5s with a larger cutting diameter and stronger head. Nothing bad to say about them, really liked the design, just wasn't the "whole package" I was looking for in a broadhead.

·
Born yank raised south
17,245 Posts
I have used them for many years and they have held up very well. I used the older models Sonic Pros which were 100 grains that were 1" cut and the larger new model 100 grain Super Sonics that are 1 and 1/8 inch cutting diameter. I have killed about 13 deer with them and love the way they fly. My son still uses them to this day. I went to Razortricks for their larger cutting diamter. You will love the penetration of the Supersonics and Sonic Pros. I have never not had a passthrough and that was shooting through the hip bone and out the front shoulder bone on a hard quartering away shot.

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
I shot a young doe with one. Hit nothing but ribs and it looked like you had taken a hammer and flattened out the end of the broadhead. I consider them to be crap.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts