Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all Iam new to archery here in Australia and have bought second hand a Americian cy quest vfa split bow. I was told by someone that the bow Americian is made by high country. Is this true and does any one know if so why they are market as Americian and do hihg country sitll market Americian bows?
Also I would like any comments on what you people think of high country/Americian?
I think the bow is great( the only other bow I have shoot was a fiberglass recurve bow 25 years ago ) . I only wish that I had got into this sport a long time ago look forward to your thoughts bye Robert

·
Registered
20,621 Posts
Too many twists in that saga to list everything.......but your cyquest is EXACTLY the same as an HCA Machined Supreme.

American bows are no longer produced to my knowledge.

Your cyquest is a good shooter. I won many 3-d shoots with that bow.

Pretty sure I still have one or two of them laying around the house here.

You are not left handed are you?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
funny you should as that if Iam left handed as my bow is right handed but I can shoot either right or left handed, so can you tell me why they were called Americian, I asked high country and they never answered my Question.
I asked the same question to Australian archery forum and no one answered but I am impressed by your quick responce thanks Robert:)

·
NC ASA Director
35,919 Posts
I'm pretty sure High Country bougth them out. They kept the molds to make a few cast risers, and put their own limbs and cams on them and chaged the camo to be High Country. I believe they sold them for 4 or 5 years.

I believe American was a stand alone company before that. Send a picture and we can tell a little more about it.

·
Customer Service is Key
2,731 Posts
HCA did make a bow this year with with the American name on it
American Lengend they use the parallel limb technology I have two in stock & they shoot very nice
Gregg

·
Registered
32 Posts
...youre getting old if you can answer this one...

...you already have much good info here,...hca did indeed buy out american archery...anb your bow is to my memory the same as a machined supreme...I for one hated to see american go...it was a great old company...guess I'm dating myself...wiley c.:D

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
american bow

Hi thanks for the great info yes I think the bow is great it does every thing I want in a bow I never knew that there is so many bow manafactures out there, bye for now Robert

1 - 7 of 7 Posts