Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please Help i can not for the life of me figure out how in the hell to fold this thing back up to put it back in the carrying bag. Anybody out there who has this model who can explain to me how to get it back in the bag pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee help before i burn it....

·
Relocated Cajun
10,981 Posts
Hoyt4265 said:
Please Help i can not for the life of me figure out how in the hell to fold this thing back up to put it back in the carrying bag. Anybody out there who has this model who can explain to me how to get it back in the bag pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee help before i burn it....
sorry man.....I was there....I got a double blind.....happy now!!!!!!!!!!!!

the people at the nursing home next to me got a kick out of that

3 seconds to set it up....3 hours to fold it and get it back in the house

I also had 3 10 minute breaks......took out to the woods...went to take it down....forgot again....... :mad: :mad:

burn it man....include pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Hoyt4265 said:
You gotta kinda fold it over like a taco and and then you twist it and it swings right back into shape!!!!!!!!!!! Sounds easier than done!!!!!!!! It comes with directions on the bag not to hard!!!!!! :eek: Good luck!!!!!!!!!! :wink:

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Still Need help

Come on guys i'm hurting here my wife is wanting to go hunting with me this weekend and she is afraid of heights so the stand is outta the question. so i went to wal mart and bought this blind today set it up and cant for the life of me get it to fold back up. My wife is very interested in going hunting with me but if i cant get this thing figured out she isnt going to be able to make the trip so please help me out here...

·
Registered
7,769 Posts
Ok I had the same problem. They way we figured it out is I get a friend to help you and fold it while I read the directions. When they where following the directions I found out how to fold it. It is easier to see what to do while you are watching someone try to fold it.
just my .02
matt

·
Registered
106 Posts
the instructions are attached to the bag on the back side of the set up page. when it comes time to stwist it feels like you are going to bend it or something but once get to a point it almost folds itself. after the first 2 or three tries you can take it down in about 3 minuets. an it goes up even faster. DON'T leave it out in the sun for severals days at a time because it will fade and turn pink. TRUST ME! other than that I loved the thing. I have killed at 10 deer and a turkey out of my old one. 4 of them after it faded. Who knew deer liked pink?

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
Much easier to do than to explain. It's like folding a bandsaw blade.

While holding the edge at each side push your hand together and at the same time rotate your right hand counter clockwise and your left hand clockwise, The spring steel frame will fold up into two circles one on top of the other.

·
Registered
773 Posts
I have one too and trying to explain folding...

directions is giving ME a headache. I'm sitting here going over it in my mind and I keep wanting to say "tuck that side over here and fold this side down". Not very helpful when the person is not right in front of you. Good luck! :D

·
Registered
139 Posts
Sounds like y'all need some more time in "Kidlet Toys 101" ! These popup blinds are the adult version of the kidlet popup tent kits that come complete with attachable tunnels etc--sorta like hamster tunnels for children. I have a nice set to practice with... :D

·
Registered
2010 Bowtech Destroyer 350 - 2022 Elite EnVision on order
1,278 Posts
It is tricky, If you follow the directions and practice you will get it. I have a friend that has one and I always have to take it down for him, he cannot figure it out, it tends to get his blood pressure up! They also say not to leave out in the sun. No kidding! I have another friend that has one and set it up for Turkeys in April. The dork left it up all year, Yesterday we were doing some scouting and went to the pasture where his blind is. It not only faded, it turned bright pink and maroon. Too funny, I have not lauged that hard in a long time. It looked so funny sitting there in a nice green pasture next to a corn field. :tongue:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Sounds like your friend with the faded blind needs to get some spray paint & redo the camo! But ya know... as long as the blind is a permanent 'fixture' in the animals environment, it shouldn't matter what color it is...

I also imagine if you set it up initially, and spray it down with something like "303" for UV protection, it will probably fade a lot less. Might have to air it out a few days to get rid of any odors, but I bet it would make the fabric last longer.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
fasst said:
Took me forever the first time. But when I finally did it, I opened it back up and did it 3 more times back to back. Now it only takes about 5 seconds to fold it up.

Same here, once you figure it out, it almost folds itself up. Just those first few times can be a pain.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Jose Boudreaux said:
sorry man.....I was there....I got a double blind.....happy now!!!!!!!!!!!!

the people at the nursing home next to me got a kick out of that

3 seconds to set it up....3 hours to fold it and get it back in the house

I also had 3 10 minute breaks......took out to the woods...went to take it down....forgot again....... :mad: :mad:

burn it man....include pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D

I find it folds easier when I am sober :D.

I have an Ameristep and a DB, you can kill deer out of both, but the DB has some serious benefits. I guess it is what you are willing to live with vs. dollars spent. I bought my DB used 'cause I refused to spend the money new, and I may have been wrong waiting.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.