Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats your experience with this blind. Could I leave it out in the weather. It says set up in 5 or 10 seconds? and take down that quick. Pro's or con's.?

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Take down can be quick, or it will take you 20 minutes. You need to practice and get the hang of foldin it up. Set up is faster than any others. The fabric is good and should do ok in weather and sun. I don't think I would leave it outside for months at a time. Practice shooting out of it, it can be a little tight for room at times.

·
Registered
20,088 Posts
like was already said, they are really quick to set up but you need to practice folding them up at home before you try it while out hunting. I my self think that they could use a little time out in the sun cause their colors are pretty bright. I have one and like it.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would like to set it out a week or so before opening day. Buy your responses I should be ok with the weather. For $80 its hard to beat if it lasts a couple of seasons. Do you all shoot from your knee's, chair or standing in the blind. Or can I stand in it? I am 6'1". Thanks

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
I use a blind maybe once or twice a year -- if that. I do own this one though. I placed it an area where there's no suitable trees to hang a stand 3 or 4 yrs ago. I like to hunt this particular area during the tending-phase late in the fall. While on this farm a few weeks ago to gather trail-cam footage I decided to check my blind (in part to see if it was even still there) & gave it a quick go-over. The thing is still in perfect, grade-a condition.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
ground blind

VaBowHntr7 said:
I would like to set it out a week or so before opening day. Buy your responses I should be ok with the weather. For $80 its hard to beat if it lasts a couple of seasons. Do you all shoot from your knee's, chair or standing in the blind. Or can I stand in it? I am 6'1". Thanks

Look on ebay and you can probably get them for about $50.00. If I was going to spend $80.00, I would get the Ameristep Brickhouse. It has much more room and is all around better for the money. Should be able to get those for about $89.00, $105.00 shipped on ebay.
You will not be able to stand in the doghouse being that tall. Brickhouse, maybe, and it has a zip out portion of the roof.
I shoot both from knees and from a tripod chair. I'm a little more stable in the chair.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts