Archery Talk Forum banner

ameristep hitman climber treestand?

3437 Views 9 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  statechamp08
i am looking for a new climbing treestand. i was looking at the summit vipe, but o thught that it was a little pricey, then i stumbled upon this one. i just wanted to know if you guys know anything about this treestand, or would recomend another one under $250.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
155 Posts
i dunno about that model personally but summit does make good climbers...probably one of the best companys for climbers.....who makes the lightest and largest is what i would like to know....im a fairly big guy so i need room but i dont wanna tote a van on my back for 2 miles either......whats the best compromise???

· Registered
Mathews Reezen 7.0, Centerpoint Patriot 415, Centerpoint Sniper 370
1,353 Posts
i dunno about that model personally but summit does make good climbers...probably one of the best companys for climbers.....who makes the lightest and largest is what i would like to know....im a fairly big guy so i need room but i dont wanna tote a van on my back for 2 miles either......whats the best compromise???

Summit Goliath or titian i have both and highly recamend i am 6'4 and 275 and can and have sat in both from daylight til dark

· Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i like the look of them, but don't really see the point in buying one for 300+ when i can get one that is almost the same for $100 (4 or more out of 5)

· Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i like the look of them, but don't really see the point in buying one for 300+ when i can get one that is almost the same for $100 (4 or more out of 5)

*for $100 cheaper*

· Registered
560 Posts
I dont know much about other climbers but i do know that summits are GREAT. I would definitly say that it is impossible to go wrong with a summit, but take it how you want it cause i know nothing about the other brands:confused

· Registered
62 Posts
i have the hitman and had to run screws thru the back of the top section of stand where it hooks up to the tree just to get it to bite into the tree i would not recomend it to anyone but that is just my opinion i am currently trying to sell it

· Registered
335 Posts
I have the gorilla greyback and it has worked well for me during the past 4 seasons. It's fairly light weight and is easy to set up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.