Archery Talk Forum banner

Ameristep Intimidator Blind

1546 Views 12 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  mn5503
I am looking to purchase a new blind and was seriously looking at this blind. I haven't been able to actually see one other than what I have found on the internet but my questions for those who have one or have seen one are:

Is the screen sewn in or can that be opened up for mechanical broadheads or shooting a firearm? The only info I can find is that the screen can be replaced and the curtain has magnets.

How high is the bottom of the windows. I have kids that I will be taking hunting in this and was wondering if they are sitting on a stool or camp chair, will they be able to see out the windows?

A few of the reviews I have read have stated that the instructions for setting up were limited and people had been breaking hubs or rods. My question is are they just not following instructions or is it that difficult to pop up? There is nothing more frustrating than trying to put up a blind in the dark and having problems.

I like the fact they state the material was made not to shine and is water repellent, 360˚ viewing, the bow hangers and shelf, stubble holder for adding brush, plus there is a $80 rebate thru June.

I can't afford to buy a Double Bull blind so please don't recommend it.

Thanks for any info.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
221 Posts
blind

The intimidator is basically a double bull with not- predator camo.lol :tongue: The netting does slide down and I have had no problem setting it up. I guess it just takes some patience to learn and then its easier. As for the height of the windows.....not sure, I will have to set it up again. I havent used it for a while.
Hope this helps
Ricky

· Registered
779 Posts
I've been using one for 2 years, no problem with the hubs or poles breaking and it is easy to set up. The screen slides down to get it out of the way so mech's and firearms are no problem. I do not know the measurement of the windows, sorry.

My buddy has a DB and I like this blind better than his.

huntin1

· Registered
Mathews Reezen 7.0, Centerpoint Patriot 415, Centerpoint Sniper 370
1,353 Posts
i have one and i have no problem setting it up in the dark my 8 year old sister hunts out of it with no problems at all i would recamend this blind to anyone... i had a double bull matrix 360 and sold it to buy this one and have no regrets at all...

· Registered
221 Posts
Dude!

I've been using one for 2 years, no problem with the hubs or poles breaking and it is easy to set up. The screen slides down to get it out of the way so mech's and firearms are no problem. I do not know the measurement of the windows, sorry.

My buddy has a DB and I like this blind better than his.

huntin1
Me too! my buddy also has a DB and mine is cooler cause it has better camo.

Ricky

· Registered
522 Posts
I had an Indimidator for a season. It's a very nice blind for the most part. The only thing that I had a problem with was the fabric bleeds/fades really bad. I had mine up during bow season in the deep woods. It didn't get any direct sunlight. It did get wet a couple of times. The fabric faded and bled so bad it didn't look like camo any more. It turned into a brown blob. It was only out for a couple of months. And like I said it was not in any direct sunlight. The color fastness of the fabric is lousy IMO. I bought it at Cabelas so I took it back. They gave me a full refund. They said they were getting a lot of them back for this reason.

· Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had an Indimidator for a season. It's a very nice blind for the most part. The only thing that I had a problem with was the fabric bleeds/fades really bad. I had mine up during bow season in the deep woods. It didn't get any direct sunlight. It did get wet a couple of times. The fabric faded and bled so bad it didn't look like camo any more. It turned into a brown blob. It was only out for a couple of months. And like I said it was not in any direct sunlight. The color fastness of the fabric is lousy IMO. I bought it at Cabelas so I took it back. They gave me a full refund. They said they were getting a lot of them back for this reason.
That is good to know. I did place my order for it today. I wonder if I sprayed scotch guard or some other water repellent on it, might prevent that from happening. I don't own my own property so I would have to take it down each time anyways.

Thanks for the info.

· Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I received my new Intimidator this weekend and so far I am pleased with it. It was a little frustrating at first to get it set up. I am only 5'6" and my arms are fairly short(26" draw) so it was a little difficult to reach the center hub on the top. I am very happy with the materials and the overall size. It will be a couple weeks before I can put it to use turkey hunting. I hope my daughter will be the first to take a bird out of it.

Thanks for the feedback and hope to post harvest picks soon.

· Registered
83 Posts
I realize you placed your order already, but thought I'd share that there are some vendors on ebay selling them for $209 (+ $25 shipping) and you can use the mfg. rebate also. Not a bad deal for $154.
I recently picked one up.

· Registered
83 Posts
Re; Intimidator; I have also removed the zippered windows and replaced them with the wrap around style - such is on the DB. I can then silently slide the netting up and down. Kudos also for the supplied padded backpack. It's nothing special , but does the job and does it well. Love DB but they could take a lesson from this, as my only contention with DB is the sub-par 'pillow case' that is supplied to carry their blinds. Even if they sewed additional nylon straps on it to make it a backpack would be an improvement.

· audentes fortuna iuvat
21,480 Posts
Well I received my new Intimidator this weekend and so far I am pleased with it. It was a little frustrating at first to get it set up. I am only 5'6" and my arms are fairly short(26" draw) so it was a little difficult to reach the center hub on the top. I am very happy with the materials and the overall size. It will be a couple weeks before I can put it to use turkey hunting. I hope my daughter will be the first to take a bird out of it.

Thanks for the feedback and hope to post harvest picks soon.
You can set up the sides and get inside and push the top up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.