Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am loking to get some strap on tree steps to help with my hang on stands. I was looking at the ameristep ones and on the Bass Pro website it says the weight limit is 250lbs. But if you go to Ameristep's website, it says tested to 500 lbs. I weigh in at 260 and just dont want to have a problem. I know there is a factor of safety on everything but it gives me peace of mind to be under the posted limit. I have read in old threads people didnt like them. Do they move around, plastic part bend, or just prefer screw in? I either need to buy some of these or carry a few more climbing sticks. I have the cheapo Dick's brand since they stay in the same spot for the season.

Are there better ones then this? I was hoping to find some on a closeout sale somewhere.

·
Registered
27,052 Posts
I wouldn't really worry about it. 10lbs isn't going to make a difference.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
I agree that you're probably fine...i've used them and with all my gear on i'm over 250. I don't like strap on steps though...move too much for me. I prefer screw in's or climbing sticks

·
Registered
27,052 Posts
I've used hang on's rated for 250 and I'm 300

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am not all that concerned about the weight limit, I was just curious why Bass pro had it listed different than Ameristep.

The real question is if these are any good. I just need a couple above the top of the climbing stick in order to get into the stand and not have to get more climbing sticks.

·
Registered
27,052 Posts
I am not all that concerned about the weight limit, I was just curious why Bass pro had it listed different than Ameristep.

The real question is if these are any good. I just need a couple above the top of the climbing stick in order to get into the stand and not have to get more climbing sticks.
Ameristep does the test to see the capabilities of the steps, Bass Pro probably says 250 just for liability reasons.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts