Archery Talk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lightly used Ameristeps with their individual straps. Great condition. Good for making tree saddle, tree suit, and Guido's web stand platforms. You pay shipping and $15/step. I have 8 of them.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks that is true. It took me months to find them. I had to pay premium to get these. I was beat out by another guy who paid $20/step on another sale. I have seen them priced anywhere from $13 to $20/step plus shipping. These are in really good shape. I will need to get some pictures loaded.

·
Registered
332 Posts
HI WHY ARE YOU SELLING THEM I THOUGHT YOU WERE USING THEM WITH YOUR NEW Guido's web SADDLE AS ONCE SET UP THEY ARE BRILLIANT, BUT I WAS LOOKING AT THE GUIDOS SYSTEM CAN YOU GET ALL THE WAY AROUND THE TREE OR JUST 120 INTERESTING, BUMP FOR A TOP TOP SET UP USED WITH SPORT CLIMBERS SUPER QUIET ANS SUPER FAST

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
will you split them up, if so I want 4, pm me and let me know
4 sold to Dr. Gray,

I will split them up. You were first. I sent you a PM. Trying to reduce your shipping cost by seeing if they will fit in a small USPS flatrate box. Otherwise it will be medium flatrate box with tracking.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
HI WHY ARE YOU SELLING THEM I THOUGHT YOU WERE USING THEM WITH YOUR NEW Guido's web SADDLE AS ONCE SET UP THEY ARE BRILLIANT, BUT I WAS LOOKING AT THE GUIDOS SYSTEM CAN YOU GET ALL THE WAY AROUND THE TREE OR JUST 120 INTERESTING, BUMP FOR A TOP TOP SET UP USED WITH SPORT CLIMBERS SUPER QUIET ANS SUPER FAST
Hi Cappi,

Glad you are paying attention. I have 5 steps already for me that I am not selling. My Racket strap came in yesterday so now I have a full 5 step platform to go with my Guido's Web. I will have to tell you the story of how lucked into these steps.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have only sat in the Guido once. It was a demo (discounted) XLT (Xtra Large Tall) and I am just a XL. So I am trying to figure out if I need to send it back to get a XL ($100 more) or I just need to get use to the XLT. The XLT is a 2008. The 2010 and 2011 model years are essentially the same. The 2010/2011 are made with a tougher fabric and have an extra buckle adjustment that has a farther range of motion when reclining or positioning the back of the seat toward the tree. It also has a improved stronger fork that keeps you off the tree (no knee pads). I do have the new fork on my demo though. I do like the idea of the buckle adjustment because since my web is slightly too big for me I cannot adjust to sit with the back at 90 degrees. It tilts back slightly at it furthest position forward. That said the cockpit is fairly small so you will need to stand to shoot. The tether line is not that long so you need to move the tether line positioning on the tree to shoot around the tree. Since I haven't really practiced yet I am not sure of the shooting radius. You certainly can not shoot 360 around the tree without moving the tether strap. PXT has a way of replacing the tether with a rope and prussic knot to get 360 shooting but I am not their yet. Still trying to pay for everything I need.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Pm sent.ill take at least one section, maybe 2 depending on shipping charges. Thanks
Dan I replied to your PM. You are 3rd in line behind Dr. Gray, and ObeRON. I don't want anyone to accuse me of being unfair.

·
Registered
861 Posts
The date stamp is a round circle on the side. It looks like a clock with numbers 1-12 around it, in the middle they have two numbers. The middle is the year of manuf, and there is an arrow that points to the 1-12 numbers for the month.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
What date stamp is on them?
I have looked at the steps and I don't see a date per se. There is a round circle like a clock that has numbers that go from 1-12. So I guess this is months? In the center there is an arrow pointing to the numbers. On two of the remaining steps the arrow is pointing between the 4 and 5. On the other 2 steps the arrow is pointing directly to 5. On all of the steps there is a 0 on the left side of the arrow and a 2 on the right.

I still haven't the time to take pictures but when I do, if any steps remain I will post.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.