Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried the swivel stool from Ameristep out yet. I'm thinking of buying one, but afraid it may squeek when turning around on it. Let me know the goods and bads if anyone has field tested it yet.

·
Registered
63 Posts
i dont have that particular model but i bought the ameristep grizly buckbuster ladder and it is the best ladder stand ive ever used
simple, rugged, and i could fall asleep in it
i would say they make a good product every moving part on mine has teflon bushings and are completly quiet
hope it helps

Frank

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ameristep Swivel Stool

This stool is a very small stool that has a triangular seat, aluminum adjustable legs, folds up extra small, and swivels in the middle. I also found that it comes free with certain Ameristep blinds. Any field tests that anyone did will be very helpful. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Yeah I have one and it doesn't make any noise at all. Neat little stool.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
I just got one (or one like it by another company) and it sucks! You can only turn one way with out it making a click and it clicks when ever you shift your weight!:mad:
But other than that its awesome!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
893 Posts
ameristep stool

Got two in the mail today, opened them up and played around with them for a few minutes, no noise, but if like me , you are heavy they tip over pretty easy if you lean while Turning. But well worth the $15.00 , they fold up real neat, and the legs are adjustable.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
I tried throwing my 230lbs around on one at the store, and I couldn't get it to make much of any noise although it was flexing like crazy. Certainly quieter than most chairs you'd use in a blind. However, I think unless the ground was really flat, shifting around too much could cause it to fold itself up, as I did manage to get it to nearly do this in the store. I didn't buy one though, lol. Maybe next time

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Stool

Thanks for all of the feedback, I think I'll buy one and try it out. Even if I only get one or two season out of it in my blind, it would be worth the money... right?

·
Registered
921 Posts
I just bought one brought it home and pulled it out set it up sat on it and my 230 proceeded to put the smackdown on one of the legs...couldn't handle the weight:cry:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Stool

Crap, that's what I weigh. :eek:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts