Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to build an arrow that will work with both of my bows but not sure if that is possible. I currently shoot black eagle rampage .300's out of my reign 7.

I currently own a bowtech reign 7 70lbs. I shoot it at 30.5" draw length in comfort setting (about 330 IBO, shooting a 440gr arrow at 295 FPS)

I have a bowtech realm X on order in a 60lb model (335-345 IBO depending on what setting I end up using). I am concerned my current setup will be too stiff.

I was looking at trying to build a high FOC/smaller-er-ish diameter setup and get away from an arrow with an outsert. Easton HEXX shafts in 330 spine with an H insert seem to fit the bill but not sure if I should use a 50gr or 75gr insert. I shoot 100gr broadheads. If I can get away with it I would like as much tip weight as possible to increase FOC and total arrow weight.

My question to the experts or the folks with the software - is there a way to get an arrow I can shoot that won't be too weak for the Reign and is not too stiff for the Realm? How do the numbers crunch on a hex 330 with 50 or 75gr insert and 100gr BH, blazers, uni bushing and X nock spine wise for 70lbs and 62lbs respectively? I can probably shoot an arrow as short as 29".

Thanks for the input

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
There isn't enough downside when shooting a spine that is too stiff on a modern center shot compound. I actually keep the spine stiffer than required for my set ups, also think of most indoor competitors are shooting arrows that are very stiff for their setups.

I'd keep what you like on the heavier Reign 7, I presume that's your preferred hunting setup, and simply use the same arrows on the lower poundage Realm X.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts