Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
Ten Point Turbo GT - Viper S400
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To anyone that got offended by my thread "what people do that make me mad" im sorry. I had the flu and felt like crap no excuse I know. When I lost my cool I said some things that I shouldn't have. I feel a lot better now and I closed my for sale ad that started this mess. Im gonna take my lose on a trade in and not mess with ebay. Don't have an account anyway. Im 49 and not a newby ive been shooting a bow since I was 14. Im not on here that much as I enjoy family and the outdoors. I lost my cool and I shouldn't have started that thread. I think that you all have been there at least once. So just sayin I didn't mean to piss anyone off. Hope we can move on from here. Jerry

·
Registered
205 Posts
Don't know all the circumstances but it takes a big heart to admit fault. There's a lot of people that would rather die than admit they may have been in the wrong. Hope whatever happened blows over for ya.

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
checked out the thread, wasn't a big deal either way imo.
can understand both points of view to a certain degree.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Glad you are feeling better, no big deal imo enjoy the family and outdoors and don't let little things bother you

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I told some guys that they were rude. Fact is I was rude and I shouldn't have been. Lessoned learned the hard way. Think before I act next time. Hope you guys can forgive me.

·
Registered
9,218 Posts
We all have those days, definitely no big deal.

·
Registered
8,433 Posts
Some days we're the arrow, other days we're the target.

You apologized, lesson learned, now put it behind you and go hang with the family. That's more important in the long run anyway.

It does take a pretty good man to admit that he hasn't met his own standards. :thumbs_up

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The wife said that I was the worlds biggest AHOLE for about 3 days. I wanted to dye I felt so bad. Thank god im getting better but I hope everyone that was involved gets my message. I sent out some new pm also to some. Really just want to let everyone know I was rude not them.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Everybody is rude in threads like that one, that's the internet for you. Everybody gets super tough and not afraid to speak their mind from behind the ol keyboard. Glad you are feeling better, I read that other thread and had a good chuckle.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I also read through the thread you are referring to. You just have to sift through the attitude of the posts and take the relevant information. From what little time I have on here I have learned you need to have thick "internet skin" when posting complaint related threads or opinions on just about anything. Most of those posters are really helpful people and stating opinions that were hard for you to hear. I have learned this by simply reading on the vast majority of the threads, and keeping my mouth(keyboard) quiet.

And as far as your bow is concerned, I will quote my mother-in-law: "you git what you git, and you don't throw a fit" Take what you can get out of that bow(from sale or trade) and put it towards the new one you really want...lesson learned on both matters.

And, don't apologize for your entire Thread or responses, maybe those you PM'd, but everyone else should be able to handle what happened there.

·
My Elk Hunting Home
32,364 Posts
If people get offended by internet posts, perhaps they shouldn't be on the internet.:dontknow:

No big deal.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
No worries, you owned up on that thread and that's more than most will do. You aired out a gripe, it's a free world and you're allowed to do that. Some of those you PM'd poured it on way harder than they needed to and took the discussion in a bad direction long before you ever did.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Hey, you've seen the light, and you know when the Mrs. has some input in something like this, you're screwed. I don't think any punches were thrown or that there was any loss of life. Most of us have done worse. All's well that ends well. I'm sure we all learned something - either how to or how not to. LOL. Take care and shoot straight.

·
Former Wyoming Boy
8,664 Posts
I just had to click on this thread....
I've never seen anyone apologize on here before! ;)

Admirable and speaks to the quality of your character.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts