Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered my Protec Friday....XT2000 limbs and Spiral Cams. I have some accessories that I took off my Xtec that I'm going to put on my Protec. I guess what I'm really looking for is everyone's opinion on all of the little secrets and tricks of the trade that are going to give me the edge that I'm looking for. Here's what I have so far:

Bodoodle Pro Lite
Sure-Loc Supreme
Classic Scope
Doinker Elite Stabilizer (28.5")
Doinker 10" V-bars
Gold Tip Pro X-Cutters

Planned Additions:

Super Peep
Winners Choice Strings (already ordered)
Hoyt Stainless Steel Cable Guard
Hoyt Pro Fit Side Plates

What else has everyone out there used and would reccomend to me. Thanks for your input.

·
Relocated Cajun
10,981 Posts
what type of rest is that Bodoodle??

I have a trophy taker spring steel, I noticed quite a few shooters using that on some article written by Bill Winke on some top 3D shooters....

I thought about the stainless steel guard, any reason you are getting it????

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The rest is a Bodoodle Pro Lite, it's one of their higher end rests. I ordered the stainless steel cable guard in black. The reason I ordered it was because I ordered a camo bow and they come with the straight carbon rod cable guards. The stainless steel cable guard is the same as on all of the target bows and is bent to give you some adjustability with the cables.

One things I forgot to mention in my first post. Does anyone know of any place where I can find out some of the tuning tricks of the pros (Books, Videos, etc.). What methods are they using to get everything dialed in?

·
Registered
16,232 Posts
Make sure you set the timing properly from the start on the spiral cams. With the winner's choice on there, you won't have any trouble with it moving once it's set up, but you'd be surprised how much of a difference one twist of the control cable can make.

Enjoy your new bow!:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.