Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had been shooting a wrist strap since I started:
I anchored with the string touching my nose and the corner of my mouth...

recently I switched to a Carter chocolate addiction. I found a comfortable anchor, and really like the release...but I can get the string to touch the tip of my nose without tilting my head into the string. My peep is at 6.5" above the center of my loop...
Maybe I always tilted my head and when I switched releases I stopped??

Am I anchoring to low? or just doing something wrong? Should I be tilting my head into the string. the string is still in the corner of my mouth...

Any advice would be appreciate thanks.

·
Registered
6,653 Posts
My peep is at 6.5" above the center of my loop.
Without seeing a pic can only guess as to what may be going on. However, based on your peep height it sounds to me like you're possibly anchoring too far back and down along your neck rather than firmly along the back edge of the jawline where it just starts to slant back up towards the earlobe. Unless you've got a really looooong face ;). Just guessing though.

>>------>

·
Registered
4,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Without seeing a pic can only guess as to what may be going on. However, based on your peep height it sounds to me like you're possibly anchoring too far back and down along your neck rather than firmly along the back edge of the jawline where it just starts to slant back up towards the earlobe. Unless you've got a really looooong face ;). Just guessing though.

>>------>
I got a big head:eek:
the space between my index finger and middle finger knuckle rests at the corner of my jaw, right at the turn, if that make sense. When I shot a wrist strap I was at 6" peep height...now I am higher and can't get my nose to touch. I was thinking of going a little longer on the draw length and shorter on the D-loop...
I will try to post a pic this weekend...if anyone is interested or wants to help...
just no making fun of my head!:eek:

·
Registered
4,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dang that's high, Mine [email protected], but I think I am exception to the rule as I physically NEED to anchor quite how to bring my elbow up to "get into my rhomboids"! Hope that makes sense!

I was going over my anchor just now...and I think I am going to raise it so that the knuckle of my index finger is touching that corner of my jaw bone, rather than the space between my knuckles see if that gets me more comfortable.

I am open to more ideas...

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
I was going over my anchor just now...and I think I am going to raise it so that the knuckle of my index finger is touching that corner of my jaw bone, rather than the space between my knuckles see if that gets me more comfortable.

I am open to more ideas...

That's Me and my anchor, although slightly higher. I really need that elbow up there, or the squeezing of my rhomboids won't "pull" and rotate!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts