Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been shooting darn near every day since the first of the year.I use a sniper2 release,anchor my trigger knuckle under my earlobe,kisser button and the tip of my nose to the string.so I thought! I just video taped 6 shots.I noticed everything is consistent except my tip of my nose is not touching the string.in fact,from the video my string is actually up from my tip of the nose.2 questions.is this why I'm a little inconsistent and or is my draw length to short? I do find my peep and pins with out a problem. I hope my explanation is clear.

·
Registered
661 Posts
your draw looks a little long

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
DL looks ok but the inconsistency could be a lot of things is it up and down or left an right or both that will help diagnose easier

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't believe it's my left to right,but as far as my up and down.once I do set into my peep I do bring my sight from down to up to get to my target.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Ingnore your peep and lower your anchor point until the string touches the tip of your nose.
I think your dl is ok, but your anchore looks a little high.
Once the string is touching the tip of your nose, you'll need to move your peep up and also your kisser. Then adjust your sight and see how that works.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
image.jpg well zmanastronomy your either on something or onto something. after just 3 shoots I would say,your onto something.thanks.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
That's great, now find that spot behind your jaw bone and under your ear that feels good with your index knuckle.
I went through the same thing your going through. If you're average in size, once you get your peep height correct, measure from the center of your d loop to the center of your peep and it should be close to 6.25". Give or take. One of the biggest mistakes I see is shooters with their peep to low.
When you get it right, you'll know it. Have a good one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts