Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So got a new Spyder Carbon 30 today with a #2 cam so 28 DL is maxed out. It is with my understanding that when using your nose on the string as one of your anchors your not meant to lower your head so nose makes contact with the string. With this new bow I do have to lower my head a bit to make contact with the string.

Is this bad form to have to do this?

With the small ata length of the new bows, is it likely that you can pull your strin directly to your nose without lowering your head?

And the bow is sick. I love it.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Go to the nuts and bolts sticky. He has lots of info that will help. I found it best to have someone take pics at full draw so you can observe for yourself.

·
Registered
15,106 Posts
The very reason I hate short a to a bows.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
It's to my understanding that you shouldn't have to move your head at all for the right anchor.
That being said... a 30" ata bow has a tendency to be at such a steep string angle, that your DL and anchor point might be correct without your nose touching the string.
If at all possible, please post some close up of you at full draw and we can go from there.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I suppose it depends on how long your nose is as well. People with short noses may have to buy a 34 ata bow?

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Unfortunately, I went through this and sold a great shooting bow because I had to lean my head to far forward to get my nose on the string. You will have to use another anchor point if you really like the bow. Maybe a kisser button.

·
(aka lug nut)
49,675 Posts
So got a new Spyder Carbon 30 today with a #2 cam so 28 DL is maxed out. It is with my understanding that when using your nose on the string as one of your anchors your not meant to lower your head so nose makes contact with the string. With this new bow I do have to lower my head a bit to make contact with the string.

Is this bad form to have to do this?

With the small ata length of the new bows, is it likely that you can pull your strin directly to your nose without lowering your head?

And the bow is sick. I love it.
Post a picture.
Arrow PERFECTLY horizontal.

If needed,
SCOTCH TAPE a line level to the arrow,
so that the photographer can tell you WHEN the arrow is perfectly level.

·
(aka lug nut)
49,675 Posts
I suppose it depends on how long your nose is as well. People with short noses may have to buy a 34 ata bow?
Nose to the string
is NOT possible with every bow,
and every face.

When you TALK to someone on the street,
you do not have a STRING touching your nose,
and yet...

some how,
you manage to keep your head vertical.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nose to the string
is NOT possible with every bow,
and every face.

When you TALK to someone on the street,
you do not have a STRING touching your nose,
and yet...

some how,
you manage to keep your head vertical.

Nuts and bolts, I will be engaging your services after the holidays and look forward to it. thank you for your input.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts