Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, can you explain using the anchor sight with one pin for various yardages. I believe I kinda have an understanding, you change you anchor slightly to center the hash(broken lines) marks in the inner circle and that in turn will give you increased yardage with one pin. Is that what I am to understand?:wink:

·
Registered
435 Posts
Yup

Unlike the no peep, the Anchor Site "window" is large and has a dot in the center with dashed lines making a "crosshair" so to speak. If you center a dash in the circle (instead of a dot), you have changed your anchor point and then a single pin can be used at multiple yardages. This is a neat feature if you choose to use it, but I find it cumbersome. I just use two pins, a 20 and a 30 more or less. I don't like to move my anchor point. I actually don't spend much time looking at the anchor site, I'd rather be looking at the pin on the target instead. To each his own.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Anchor Sight

Maybe this will help explain...see attachment.

The difference between a 20 and 30 yd. range adjustment is very small and very easy to do. You can sight your 20 yd. pin using the dot-in-the-circle and be at 30 yards with the dot just slightly higher. I can shoot at 70 yds. using my 20 yd. pin. I do this for fun and it really disciplines your form making the 20-30 yd. shots seem to easy.

Most Anchor sight users aren't even aware of this feature and use the standard multiple pin set-up. You have the option, but just so everyone knows, you can use the Anchor Sight in combination with one or multiple pins. You can have e.g. 3 pins 20,30,and 40... all used with the dot in the circle and by using the Anchor sight, shoot 50,60 and 70+ with relative ease.

I shoot a 50# bow and with one 20 Yd. pin can shoot 70+ Yds. and I am not a target or 3D shooter, I hunt, and I do use the Anchor Sight with one front pin for ranging. It becomes second nature if you spend time shooting it that way and it makes shooting a lot of fun plus you have all the other benefits.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts