Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just started this thread today, feel free to ask questions, add comments etc. If you want to talk about our products or need help with setups. you can post here Or contact me directly. I will try to check this daily

Attachments

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
I love my anchor sight, thank goodness for no more peep.

·
Registered
149 Posts
have the anchor sight in black on my SBXT with Axcel Armortech 5 pin sight. Great change from usual peep for me.

have a new bow, Creed XS with my SBXT in back up role. Purchased the Anchor sight in camo finish.
But switched to single pin Spott Hogg Father sight.
due to this adjustable sight moving down for increased yardage shots, I mounted it so the anchor sight is above the dovetail bar, rear of the riser.
can't mount below cause when sight adjusted downward to 60 yards, anchor sight impairs vision of sight housing.
even above the dove tail bar, it slightly obscures sight pin/image when sight set at 20 yard.

any further tips for using the Anchor sight with this Spott Hogg Father single pin?

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
In front of or behind the riser? I have angled the mounting bracket slightly up to get higher on some bows I've had.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you can't make that work you may want to try one of the prototype low profile sights which takes up less vertical window space with nearly a three-quarter inch diameter lens. Call Lynn at archeryinnovations 218-563-2800 if you need more information.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Been using one for years and no sighting method has allowed me to have such a relaxed shot(due to the fact I can eliminate torque before ever applying it to the bow). Also as I have mentioned in previous posts having the ability to "range" using the dashes is great for those in between yardages either under or over the pin setting. Also those contorted shots out of a tree proper form can be maintained something a peep in my opinion cannot due.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I totally agree with what you've said about maintaining proper form when contorted and let me add it doesn't take much contortion to affect the shot and it has much to do with gripping your bow differently in a contorted position. I believe one of the most important aspects of the Anchor Sight technology is that it gives you the ability to correct your form by giving you information you can't get with a peep sight. You can be stacking arrows at 20 yards in a typical standing position knowing you are perfectly sighted in, then shoot from an elevated stand and find your shots are off target.You can make the necessary corrections to get your shots on target by experimenting with your form and/or grip. Once your arrows are on target from that position you can commit the feel of that shot to memory and shoot accurately consistently.

·
Registered
208 Posts
When setting up the anchor sight, should I be looking to the left or right of my string, I'm right handed. It just seems a little odd setting up so far, any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When setting up the anchor sight, should I be looking to the left or right of my string, I'm right handed. It just seems a little odd setting up so far, any advice would be appreciated.
You can install the Anchor Sight and get it positioned where you want (high position or low position) once the anchor sight is installed close to where you want it start shooting but don't even look at the Anchor Sight. Shoot until you find the anchor point/eye position you want to use and sight in your front pins. Shoot until you get totally comfortable. Your eye should not be behind the string but wherever your eye ends up when at your preferred anchor point. Simply line up the Anchor Sight to that I position by aiming at the target glancing at the anchor sight and adjust so that the dot is inside the red circle at that eye position. If you have been shooting a peep sight you may have come accustomed to the anchor point dictated by its position. Your anchor point should be dictated by you. You can always call 218-563-2800 for more information.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Anchorsight ranging feature

Been using one for years and no sighting method has allowed me to have such a relaxed shot(due to the fact I can eliminate torque before ever applying it to the bow). Also as I have mentioned in previous posts having the ability to "range" using the dashes is great for those in between yardages either under or over the pin setting. Also those contorted shots out of a tree proper form can be maintained something a peep in my opinion cannot due.
I'm glad to see that you are using the range incrementing feature of the Anchorsight as this feature seems to cause some confusion among prospective buyers. I also use this feature which allows me to eliminate some pins. I use a pin set at 22 yards and have one set at 40, I can easily aim a little higher at 30-35 yards and be accurate because I practice those shots, then I range off of my 40 yard pin out to 60 yards. There is a person here on AT that won a 3-D shoot-off at 90 yards and I believe he told me he arranged off his 80 yard pin. Steve, if you see this post jump in please.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
When I was shooting a fixed pin sight I did use the anchor sight to shoot well past my 7th pin (set at 80). I won the long distance shoot at the Bear shoot in Montana a couple years ago hitting the kill zone on a buffalo at 120 yards with my last pin set for 80. With a little trial and error you can definitely shoot well past your last pin or in between pins. I use a single pin slider now because of my failing vision and can shoot out to about 160 yards with the slider bottomed out at 120.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
When I was shooting a fixed pin sight I did use the anchor sight to shoot well past my 7th pin (set at 80). I won the long distance shoot at the Bear shoot in Montana a couple years ago hitting the 10 ring on a buffalo at 120 yards with my last pin set for 80. With a little trial and error you can definitely shoot well past your last pin or in between pins. I use a single pin slider now because of my failing vision and can shoot out to about 160 yards with the slider bottomed out at 120.
fixed it 10 ring not kill zone. I love shooting long range and shoot the 80 and 90 bails at the range more than any others. It pays off. I won $1000 in July at the Pure elevation shoot At Hoodoo near Sisters Oregon. Top 3 in each class shoot for 10 ring on a caribou, starting at 50 yards and moving back 10 yards till only one guy was still in. Then class winners shoot off. I won the open class at 80 and then won the overall at 70.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
fixed it 10 ring not kill zone. I love shooting long range and shoot the 80 and 90 bails at the range more than any others. It pays off. I won $1000 in July at the Pure elevation shoot At Hoodoo near Sisters Oregon. Top 3 in each class shoot for 10 ring on a caribou, starting at 50 yards and moving back 10 yards till only one guy was still in. Then class winners shoot off. I won the open class at 80 and then won the overall at 70.
That's an incredible shot and making it using the range incrementing feature on the Anchor Sight gives me a great deal of satisfaction. In the beginning we used to mention range incrementing to potential customers but that seemed to confuse them, sensory overload I guess, so we quit talking about it.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Went to the anchor site 10 yrs ago, have puchased several in that time. Used them on dozen different bows . Best archery product I have ever owned! If you wear bifocals or progressive lens as I do ,it let's you focus on your taget and hit your anchor without torque so much easier Highly recommend this product

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks lynn i received my anchor sight today.Nice looking product and next i see how it performs. :)
Thank you for trying the Anchor sight. I just want to make a quick point because I think it's very important and that is; it's not how the Anchor Sight preforms as much as it is about how YOU perform when using the information it provides. Master what it teaches you and you will become a better shot.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Thank you for trying the Anchor sight. I just want to make a quick point because I think it's very important and that is; it's not how the Anchor Sight preforms as much as it is about how YOU perform when using the information it provides. Master what it teaches you and you will become a better shot.

Amen. :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts