Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently (past weekend) installed a Anchor Sight on my Katera XL, and I admit, I was very skeptical it would work at all..and at the very least help tighten my groups/accuracy.
I was way surprised and very pleased. I don't understand how this isn't standard on bows?
I don't do 3D shoots or any of that, I practice in my backyard and I hunt.. so the application of the Anchor sight and its ability to get me on target faster, and making me more accurate was what drove me to contacting the company and purchasing one.
I did my research, and I couldn't find any significant negative comments on this thing, however the positive comments were plentiful.

I'm interested in hearing from other Anchor sight users, and see if they have any opinions, comments, setup/usage tips.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I have them on two bows. Getting them set up was a real bugger and took a lot of time, BUT now that they are set, I would not use anything else. Work great and one uses them with out even thinking about it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My difficulties with the setup was really only limited to finding the right spot for it and the bracket (new style) wasn't really giving me many options that would still give me access to my G5 sight adjustment screws/knobs/lock screws.
I wanted it front mounted above my sight..so I ended up 'tilting' the bracket up and its perfect now.

Setup and initial fine-tuning took about an hour, including moving the AS around to different mount points to see what I liked better.

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
As stated above, TILTING THE MOUNTING BRACKET makes all the difference in the world!
I am bringing this to the top only because I had so much trouble trying to mount this Anchor Sight that I gave up on it. :angry:
Then I came across it in my box and tried one more time.
My problem was that I was being so anal about keeping everything "straight and square" that I could not get the Anchor Sight to clear my front sight.
Then, yesterday, I tried it by angling the mount bracket and all was good with the world!!! :thumbs_up
Now I just have to work at getting my pins sighted in again, but all of this will be worth it if I can eliminate my peep sight!!! :wink: :darkbeer:

·
Registered
6,931 Posts
I can't imagine going back to a peep but I do wish I could find brackets in other configurations. I guess I will just have to make one.

Doug

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
If you have someone with a water jet cutter you can take the original bracket and have them copy the layout and then add the change you want.
I was going to do this until I figured out all I had to do was TILT the mounting bracket!!! :eek:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts