Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
i use the no-peep. it is cheaper for one. some say the no-peep is hard to setup but i disagree. it took all of 5 min to setup on my athens accomplice. it took all of 10 min to setup on the first bow i used it on. some say the no-peep is not as good in low light conditions. i have shot with mine from a ground blind when the sun was down and just had the last little bit of daylight left. no-peep is out of business now, which sucks. you can still buy them from cabelas which is were i got mine. they both work good, i just wanted to save the extra money!

·
Archery Addict
3,693 Posts
I pretty sure the no-peep is not being made anymore. The company was bought because of its patents and they have zero desire to advance the no-peep. You better stick with anchor sight if you want product support.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
They both seem the same to me.

One costs alot more then the other.

What are the diffrences?

Why would you pick one over the other?

http://www.archeryinnovations.com/

http://www.strictlybowhunting.com/Anov01issue/timberline_review_JN.htm
The Anchor Sight was patented using a Background with which many features can
be added. It has a full one inch optic lens with a single circular Reticle. There is a
super Glow-in-the-dark disc (background) with a series of increments printed on it
which allows you to:
1). Find the center reference point quickly by recognizing a mark, dash, dot or part of the inner circle on the disc. If you have ever drawn your bow from an awkward position and had to use random adjustments to find and align a single reference, you know this can take some time and if you are at full draw
on a shooter animal this is time you may not have.
2). You can also use different increments on the disc to range increment your shot while using only one front sight pin. You can use this feature with one front pin or in combination with as many pins you wish to use. It is possible to shoot accurately at 60 yards when using only your 20 yard pin. This is a very important feature and is destined to become a standard in ranging shots for many.
3). The Anchor Sight has a full 1 inch dia. lens making it easier to read in all lighting conditions and the sensitivity of the lens can be adjusted for
your draw length. Without that adjustment you may be over sensitive with a forward of the riser mount or under with a rear mount and/or for draw length.
4). The Micro adjustments have a great range. You can choose to move your anchor point when ever needed. e.g. when using a heavier pair of gloves and your anchor is to tight into your face causing the occasional flier.
5). The Housing is machined out of a solid block of material and incorporates the Micro adjustment system. The Anchor Sight is designed in a horizontal fashion, taking only a fraction more vertical space in your sight window while allowing a full 1 inch lens for viewing bow position.

The Anchor Sight was refined for years before going to market and now field tested by thousands of users, is proven and deserves the best material and features so that the user gets the full benefit of the technology.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I use the no-peep and would never go back to a peep now. It did take some time to get used to. Now that they are out of business I would consider the Anchor Site and it probably does have some advantages. But I like the size of the no-peep better because it does not take up too much of the sight window.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I used a no-peep for 4 years and just recently got an Anchor sight for my 2007 Guardian. It's much nicer - the optics are clearer, the size is soo much better, and when you center it you can tell when you are perfectly centered, which is a bit harder to do with the no-peep. Whether or not it is worth the price difference is a decision you'll have to make, but I would never put another no-peep on my bow when I know that I could put an Anchor sight on it instead. :)

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
I've used the Anchor site and would recommend it to anyone. No experience with the no-peep.
Same here. Super easy to work with and it took me a whole 5 minutes to set up on my Athens Accomplice. I love the Anchor Sight and always recommend it when people ask.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I used a no-peep for 4 years and just recently got an Anchor sight for my 2007 Guardian. It's much nicer - the optics are clearer, the size is soo much better, and when you center it you can tell when you are perfectly centered, which is a bit harder to do with the no-peep. Whether or not it is worth the price difference is a decision you'll have to make, but I would never put another no-peep on my bow when I know that I could put an Anchor sight on it instead. :)
i can say for my self i have never had trouble centering the dot with the no-peep. they both work great, i do like the smaller size for sight window purposes.

·
Registered
5,465 Posts
I love the Anchor Sight, the weight is next to nothing only a couple of ounces. Check with Lynn from Archery Innovations the manufacturer of the Anchor Sight. He sometimes has blemished units for a discounted price and you would never know the difference between them and a perfect one.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
I have two abs anchor sights and like it. No experence with the no-peep. However if you will read reviews it seems most people think the anchor sight is better. Somethink they are about the same. But few think the no-peep is better. Just my 2 cents. Btw Im one of the few that likes the anchor but kept my peep also. I got it and had a hard time ditching the peep but use the anchor instead of my leval cause it tells me if I have winter clothes on that Im anchoring different and I feel more confident in low light situations.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Haven't used the NoPeep, but I can't say enough good things about the AS.
After using one for a year, I really don't know why anyone would want to use a peep sight.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts