Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stopped by the new Pro Shop/Range in town today, Andy's Archery. The guys in there were very knowledgeable, and had excellent customer service. I am glad to see that they now have the Mathews bow line over Rogers Lures.

Rogers has poor customer service, and when I went in there to get a Mathews Outback last year they tried to talk me into a different bow. These are probably the reasons why Mathews gave the line to Andy's, not to mention the fact that Andy's is a pro shop and not just some sporting good store. It is good to know that Matt runs his company the way he does, and cares more about customer service than others. In my opinion Andy's didn't "steal" or "take" the Mathews line away from Rogers, it was Rogers to lose. But that is just my 2 cents.

Xshooter

·
Registered
676 Posts
In DEFENSE of Rogers Sporting Goods

For the last several months I have watched some of the threads posted on here in disbelief. I work in the archery shop at Rogers in my spare time. I feel very fortunate to be able to be associated with the owner and workers of Rogers.

I purchased my first bow there several years ago, even back then they took the time to make sure that it was paper tuned free of charge before I left the store with it.

I cannot speak for Rogers on an official level and even hesitate to post this msg. over archery talk. But, over the last couple of years the store has worked very hard to give each customer the personal attention needed when purchasing archery equipment. I personally try to make sure that each person that I work with leaves with a product that is not only properly put together but that fits them properly and that they are happy with. I believe that I speak for all of the guys in the archery department buy saying that we try to give all customers good service.

Please keep in mind that every year just before hunting season starts that we get a huge amount of last minute shoppers, making it difficult to take the time needed when working with someone that is new to the sport. Even so, we still try to spend some time with them and let them shoot any bow in the store before deciding wich one to purchase.

Let me also add that as far as I am concerned all the rumors and bashing are uncalled for. and to be quite honest very 3rd grade. I too have been the to Andys and thought that it was a very nice facility.

Today a few of the guys from Rogers were at the Excellsior Springs shoot and shot behind the group from Andys, they were kind enough to let us shoot past them on both the A and B sides of the course. I don't know all of there names, but thanks. I would also like to add that the Excellsior Springs course was a great shoot today. The course has been highly improved over the first time we shot there.

Just my two cents, Thanks

·
Registered
232 Posts
i have had both good and bad experiences with Rogers. I will continue to go to them for some things but not others. when and where are the shoots in excelsior springs? i live in kearney and would like to shoot some 3d.

·
I am my own affliction
2,568 Posts
The ne xt Excelsior shoot is June 19. You get there by going east on 10 from Excesior about a mile or so. Turn right by the gas station on the right--there should be a sign. Shoot is acouple miles south .

·
Registered
301 Posts
I too have been to Andy's shop in Liberty, and even talked to them about the Mathews line. Just so there is no confusion, first and formost, the guys at Andy's never once, thru the conversation, had a bad word to say about Rogers, I was impressed with their professionalism and don't believe they would lower themself to that level. Asked about the switch from Rogers to Andys on Mathews and the comment was, "We made them an offer and they accepted it". Looks as if Mathews made a better Business decision. Kudo's to Andys, if we only had a place south of the River half a decent to shoot at without having to belong to a "club" archery would look at lot better in KC.

MoBowman ```--------->

·
Registered
98 Posts
Stopped in at Andy's this last weekend, while they did not have some of the fletching equipment that I wanted . We did shoot thier tecno-hunt system. All I can say is that it was a blast. First time that we had shot it or the dart system.
Looks like they are getting everything set up.
We then stopped at Rogers and got the fletching supplies.
Competion is a good thing.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Andys Archery

Wow i stopped in the new archery shop in liberty. The place is very nice. The guys know there stuff. I picked up a new apex what a shooter. The indoor range is going to be a nice place to shoot. They have a lot of bows on the wall they even have the new bow by ross it looks nice. Later this year iam going to buy a double bull blind from them.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I'll bet you get a pretty good price on that double-bull blind. How about that Apex?

Great job in Warrensberg & neosho. Thanks for the coke !!!

Be careful what you say. the walls have ears.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Where is the new shop at?I live in Atchison KS and would like to check it out!I bought a new AR 34 from Rogers in april and was treated good ,but have had mixed experiences there also.I love the AR!!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Andy's is on the outer road just east of I-35 north of the Ford plant.

From Atchison, take I-435 east to I-35 North and take the first exit (Pleasant Valley). Take a left at the stop sign ( or light I can't remember) , a right at the light, a left at the street on top of the hill just past the gas station. Couple blocks north and on the right.

Or just Map Quest the following.

7009 Stewart Rd.
Pleasant Valley, MO 64068

as a last resort call

816-781-1115

·
Premium Member
17,587 Posts
Roger's/Andy's

I have never been to Andy's yet but I have purchased several things from Roger's. They have better prices on treestands than you can get thru the mail-order companies or from BassPro and Cabela's. I have never had anything but good experiences at Roger's and always enjoy browsing around the store. I did not know they were no longer a Mathews dealer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Archery Shop in Liberity Missouri

Greetings fellow archer's I'll be in KC in mid December 2010 for a week on biz, I'm coming down from Alaska with plans to deer hunt on a freinds farm in western Kansas before I fly back home, are there any archery shops with indoor ranges in the Liberty MO area that I can re-sight in and enjoy an evening with friendly archery minded locals ...

Thanks Harry
[email protected]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.