Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
There is a BIG difference between your local Humane Society and the Humane Society of the United States.

Your local HS is generally in business to help with stray animals and finding homes for them. Sure there may be a anti or two there but the HS's are mostly just pet shelters

The HSUS on the other hand is right up there with PETA, which should be enough of an explanation.

I did a quick google search on the one you posted and it appears to be a local pet shelter. Our local HS actually has devoted space on thier webpage to make the point that they are not affiliated with the HSUS.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts

·
Registered
6,066 Posts
I got junk mail from both of them this week!!!! I think my buds or the old lady are messing with me. I know she stuck an "I love peta" sticker on my damn hat this morning but I'm not sure who sent for the material in the first place.

·
Registered
9,843 Posts
semobow said:
I got junk mail from both of them this week!!!! I think my buds or the old lady are messing with me. I know she stuck an "I love peta" sticker on my damn hat this morning but I'm not sure who sent for the material in the first place.
Do you own a pet, or buy anything at Petsmart?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Reason for asking is....

The Lakota School District Woman's auxillary here in Cincinnati donated money to this organization and I was wondering who they were. If they are against hunting and fishing then I wonder if ALL the women in the auxillary are aware of what they are donating too, or if any of their husbands hunt. If this is the case then I will scan the article and post it here....

Ohiobuckbuster

·
Registered
20 Posts
This past weekend driving back to my house from a hunt a local radio station had the president of the humane society of the united states on. Wow! Those guys are insane. The examples that dude brought up in the interview were simply outrageous. It's sad that these are the same people who abort babies as fast as they can, but say animals are not to be touched. Everyone should be aware of these types and do what they can to stop them.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Foe!

Must of these people are way out there. I think that any body that thinks animals have the same rights as humans are screwed up. Animals deserve our respect, but not the same rights:eek: .

·
Registered
784 Posts
Guys please go back and read my post closely.

Your local humane society is not affiliated with the Humane Society of the US. Don't punish your local shelter that takes in pets and tries to place them with new families because of the whackos in the HSUS.

Ohiobuckbuster, from the Animal Friends Humane Society web page it appears that they are nothing more than a local shelter that takes in pets and tries to get them adopted. I don't think it is a problem that the Lakota Women's Auxilliary are doing anything wrong by supporting them.

If you want to know for sure look up thier phone number and call them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts