Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering making the switch from a Parker Phoenix 70# to a 60# Alien because of recent rotator cuff surgery. I was hoping I could ask your opinions. I know everyone is different but, for those who have shot it, would you consider the Alien at 60# more, the same, or less harsh than single cam bows at 70#. I am only 30 and would like to continue my bowhunting days so whatever is easier on my shoulders and still has good performance is what I am looking for. And the alien really has my mouth watering

· Registered
11,291 Posts
I would like to know as well. I might get the chance to order a new Alien and was trying to figure out if I really needed the 70lb model. I usually set my hunting rigs for 65 or so. I think with the extra speed, 60 lbs would not be a problem. It will probably still be faster than most 70lb single cam rigs.

· The business is finished
3,123 Posts
I've shot completely through African plains game, large mule deer, and Alaskan Brown Bear shooting sub 60#. You'll never need anything more for anything on this continent or most critters on the planet.

· Registered
189 Posts
Correct me if I am wrong but if you order a 70 # and thought it were to much I believe they are adjustable 15 # so that would go to 55 # which you could shoot 60 if you wish or 68-70. I also believe that I read most of the ones tested were testing over the number stated. A little heavy, which is good especially if you ordered one of the 60 # models. I think my memory serves me correct. You have the best of both worlds if you choose the 70 # got it if you need it and back it off if not !!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.