Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I'm a pretty staunch mech broadhead user. Just for craps and giggles, I threw a 100 grain 3 blade muzzy(1 3/16") on my arrows and proceeded to shoot. My arrows impacted bout 3" to the left of my field points. I shot a broadhead arrow, then the field point arrow. Both arrows shot great groups, rarely exceeding an 1" at 20 yards...the muzzys just 3" to the left though. Now, I moved my arrow rest to the right in small increments. However, when shooting, the gap continued to remain 3", and the farther back I got from the target the more my muzzy's tended to drift to the left.

So, this tells me that my arrows are a little weak correct? I'm shooting 100grains, 28.5" draw, 27.75" goldtip xt 5575 camo with three 2" blazers at 56lbs. It would seem to me that this would spine correctly....but I might have to drop to 85. Am I on the right tract? I'm gonna give her a go when I get home as I picked up some 85 grain thunderheads at lunch.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I found with my set up the 4 blade muzzy's were the easiest to tune. I shoot 90 grains, was shooting 100 grain 3 blade Muzzy until I tried out my wifes broadheads......and I'm still hunting with them.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
I've had great results with 3 blade 100grain muzzys and blazers. They fly a little better than my thunderheads. I would look at your arrow, what is it doing through paper. Maybe go to your local shop and try some different arrows?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts