Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This cougar was said to be hit by a vehicle near Mt. Vernon, Illinois. The exact text of the email, which I received through my brother from a reliable source, was:

"Look at what (person's name) hit with his car on state route 161 east of Iuka road. The lion was still alive but unable to move, so our neighbor called the Marion County Dog Catcher and they came and put him down.
A land owner had seen this one a week before dragging off a 320 lb steer. His neighbor is an amateur taxidermist and he's going to stuff him. This one weighed 260 lbs.while most mature male mountain lions weigh 80 to 150 lbs. We had no idea they still roamed around here!"

See picture, attached. Is this the real deal, or another hoax? That's a huge cat if it's truly a real event!

Attachments

·
Banned
3,965 Posts
I saw that picture around a year ago if I am not mistaken.

·
Smilin' Bob
25,077 Posts
That cat is still under warranty because its only got 80,000 miles on it.

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
This cougar was said to be hit by a vehicle near Mt. Vernon, Illinois. The exact text of the email, which I received through my brother from a reliable source, was:

"Look at what (person's name) hit with his car on state route 161 east of Iuka road. The lion was still alive but unable to move, so our neighbor called the Marion County Dog Catcher and they came and put him down.
A land owner had seen this one a week before dragging off a 320 lb steer. His neighbor is an amateur taxidermist and he's going to stuff him. This one weighed 260 lbs.while most mature male mountain lions weigh 80 to 150 lbs. We had no idea they still roamed around here!"

See picture, attached. Is this the real deal, or another hoax? That's a huge cat if it's truly a real event!
One of the 2 documented cougar's in IL was found dead on a railroad track in the southern part of the state (carbondale). Thats really not far by the standards of a cougars ranging territory. Possible? Yes. Likely? No................ and that cat weights nowhere near 260, unless that dude is a midget

·
Registered
75 Posts
Idk but i have seen a few pics this yr of lions and people saying they see them here and there... Like the one dragging the big 9 point guy cought pis on his trail cam... Are these all made up or what?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just couldn't make myself believe it was real, hence the title of the thread. Sorry for re-hashing an older photo.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts