Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lots of FOC talk lately, I am shooting Axis 340s, would like to add 30 or so grains to the front without changing point weight. On Lancaster website they show weights from a company called PDP, but no mention of diameter for the weights on Lancaster or PDPs web. I am assuming they are smaller than the insert since they seem to be universal. Anyone ever dealt with these?
Didn't really want to go as heavy as 50 and use the break off Eastons, but I guess it is an option.
Thanks

·
Registered
7,731 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Lots of FOC talk lately, I am shooting Axis 340s, would like to add 30 or so grains to the front without changing point weight. On Lancaster website they show weights from a company called PDP, but no mention of diameter for the weights on Lancaster or PDPs web. I am assuming they are smaller than the insert since they seem to be universal. Anyone ever dealt with these?
Didn't really want to go as heavy as 50 and use the break off Eastons, but I guess it is an option.
Thanks
I don't know what your current inserts weigh because I'm shooting ICS Hunter 340s rather than Axis, but the aluminum ones that come with the Hunters weigh 21 grains. So if you change that out for a 50 grain brass insert, you will gain 29 grains, which is what I thought you said you wanted to gain. The ones I get from 3Rivers Archery fit my ICS Hunters perfectly. 3Rivers is a traditional archery supplier, but I don't think the brass inserts care what type of bow you use, lol. Since I shoot both trad and wheels, I buy from a variety of sources.

·
Grumpy Old Man
26,816 Posts
Easton also makes a brass insert for their Axis arrows....it's what I put in my 340's. It has a small section on the tail you can leave on or snap off.... 75 grains with it, 50 grains without.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
30coupe, ya so much for my basic math thought process, LOL. Never even looked at subtracting the axis insert weight. Thanks. The 50s will work just fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts