Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Looks like your draw length is 1/2 " to 1" to long.Try adjusting your draw and see how that feels to ya.It will prob feel to short depending on how long you have had to long of a draw length.In the long run it will tighten up your groups.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
your draw length is too long and it has made your bow elbow hyperextend
other than that your bow hand needs to be relaxed, not sticking your fingers out.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was told before that draw length was a little long. Unfortunately there is no more adjustment in my bow and a new bow isn't in the budget right now, maybe in the spring. I have been shooting it like that for about a year. It feels alright and I shoot pretty good with it.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Injury

rockwaters18,

It's good that you have been shooting well with it, but I believe this could eventually lead to an injury of some sort. Now keep in mind that I, by no means, think I have perfect form, but I have heard horror stories of guys not even able to draw their bows back anymore. This was due to injuries like torn rotator cuffs. Simply because they had been shooting with bad form.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Rockwater, I can't tell from the photo but what bow is that you are shooting?
Are you saying the modules can't be changed out to shorten the draw?

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
rockwaters18 said:
I finally got my lovely wife to snap a few pictures of my form. It seems to me that I lean back to far. How about you guys and gals?
Hey,,, at full draw,, do you notice any kind of bend in your cable guard?? Please respond ASAP>

I have a slight bend to the right on mine. Just curious if it was only mine.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Draw length looks pretty good to me but you could shorten your release length by 1/2" to 1" thereby giving you a shorter looking draw.
Relax your fingers on both the bow hand and the string hand.
String elbow is high and pretty well in line with your arrow from the back view. Looks good.

·
Registered
9,194 Posts
rockwaters18 said:
I was told before that draw length was a little long. Unfortunately there is no more adjustment in my bow and a new bow isn't in the budget right now, maybe in the spring. I have been shooting it like that for about a year. It feels alright and I shoot pretty good with it.
You can always untwist the cables and twist the string to shorten the DL...
BUT, have pictures taken when you're shooting straight (dont aim down).

·
Registered
135 Posts
Dado said:
BUT, have pictures taken when you're shooting straight (dont aim down).
Dado, That is a very good point.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
highbow, that is a golden eagle that I'm shooting. I bought it for next to nothing and when I tiik it to a local shop, they said that there was no more draw length adjustment left. I have since stopped doing business with that shop for various reasons but that is a different story. Archer2_2, i have benn thinking about trying a different release but not sure which way to go.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts