Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
76,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Subject: Fw: Birk Economic Plan

I'm against the $85,000,000,000.00 bailout of AIG. Instead, I'm in
favor of giving $85,000,000,000 to America in a We Deserve It Dividend.
To make the math simple, let's assume there are 200,000,000 bonafide
U.S. Citizens 18+.

Our population is about 301,000,000 ± counting every man, woman and
child. So 200,000,000 might be a fair stab at adults 18 and up.. So
divide 200 million adults 18+ into $85 billon that equals $425,000.00.
My plan is to give $425,000 to every person 18+ as a We Deserve It
Dividend. Of course, it would NOT be tax free. So let's assume a tax
rate of 30%.

Every individual 18+ has to pay $127,500.00 in taxes. That sends
$25,500,000,000 right back to Uncle Sam. But it means that every adult
18+ has $297,500.00 in their pocket. A husband and wife has $595,000.00.

What would you do with $297,500.00 to $595,000.00 in your family?
Pay off your mortgage - housing crisis solved.
Repay college loans - what a great boost to new grads
Put away money for college - it'll be there
Save in a bank - create money to loan to entrepreneurs.
Buy a new car - create jobs
Invest in the market - capital drives growth
Pay for your parent's medical insurance - health care improves
Enable Deadbeat Dads to come clean - or else

Remember this is for every adult U S Citizen 18+ including the folks
who lost their jobs at Lehman Brothers and every other company that is
cutting back. And of course, for those serving in our Armed Forces.

If we're going to re-distribute wealth let's really do it...instead of
trickling out a puny $1000.00 ( "vote buy" ) economic incentive that is
being proposed by one of our candidates for President.

If we're going to do an $85 billion bailout, let's bail out every adult
U S Citizen 18+!

As for AIG - liquidate it.
Sell off its parts.
Let American General go back to being American General.
Sell off the real estate.
Let the private sector bargain hunters cut it up and clean it up.

Here's my rationale. We deserve it and AIG doesn't. Sure it's a crazy
idea that can "never work." But can you imagine the Coast-To-Coast Block
Party!

How do you spell Economic Boom? I trust my fellow adult Americans to
know how to use the $85 Billion We Deserve It Dividend more than I do
the geniuses at AIG or in Washington DC.

And remember, The Birk plan only really costs $59.5 Billion because
$25.5 Billion is returned instantly in taxes to Uncle Sam. Ahhh...I
feel so much better getting that off my chest. Kindest personal regards,

Birk
T. J. Birkenmeier, A Creative Guy &am p; Citizen of the Republic

· Registered
2,715 Posts
Dude that is brilliant! Unfortunately I'm taking economics in college right now. I can't wait to tell the teacher about this plan and hear her B.S. reasons about horrible it would be. Economics as a discipline of study really is all smoke and mirrors. They all have a vested interest in continuing to support the current regime. Don't forget, there really is no difference between Democrats and Republicans. They are just the two different sides of the same bad penny. Oh and did I tell you that yes, I am a cynic and conspiracy theorist? Its an old tradition in my family.

· Registered
7,049 Posts
Bender, if you really want to blow her mind suggest that we all pay the same percentage of our income in taxes . No loop holes we all pay the same chunk of what we earn. LOL seems fair but funny how many people hit the roof over that suggestion.. Randy

· Registered
561 Posts
Dude, I had made it a point not to do the math on that whole feasco... thank you for calling to my attention, on yet another front, how poorly these boobs we elect to manage our country (read as "our business") really are doing.

I don't want to get off on a rant here, but what are these people doing with our money in general? If you can generate those kind of numbers from a single purposed big-business bail out when calculated as to the cost of an individual American, how is there any money left for anything? $100 billion for this, $300 million for that,... after awhile, they aren't even real numbers anymore. Is that what they are going for, to dissociate us from the true cost of things so we no longer question it?

Anyway, as for the original question... pay off my student loans and start a fund to research reanimation of human tissue so we could resurrect John Wayne and run him for president I'm not sure how good his math skills were, but hey, he was tough, cool, and couldn't do any worse with our checkbook than these idiots!

· Registered
561 Posts
Nah, just a math class...

Either way, the theory still stands. Grew up poor, so I am really bad at money... no context. The way I have learned to deal with it is to think of how many dozen arrows I can buy with any given amount of money so that I have a real world value to attach to the number. I'm shooting XX75 this year, so you do that math on how much these half-wits are costing us on this one. That is like taking a whole summer of not pulling your arrows out of the target after you shoot the last round. Not worth it to me...

· Registered
407 Posts
This is one of the reasons we were taken off the gold standard - since every dollar in circulation does not have to be backed up with gold, we can just print more anytime we need it! Who cares that a buck may become more worthless than toilet paper... :sad:

· Registered
76,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I see only one flaw in this plan. Since we are in a record deficit in this country, exactly where is all this money gonna come from? Doesn't deficit mean we are in the hole??
Hi Zilla,

Deficits are only troublesome if you cannot, or will not start paying down on them. If you look at the deficit under Bush, you can see that up until this year, he had cut them in half in less time than predicted due to the 20% higher revenue stream that we enjoy due to his tax cuts and more economic activity with those tax cuts.

The deficit is also a pretty small number compared to our GDP. That, however, along with this "Bailout" is getting pretty scary especially since on top of all of this some are wanting to raise taxes (roll back the Bush cuts) plus actually increase taxes on business and investment, there will be no economic activity, and this bailout will be a joke. Who's gonna invest in a saved wallstreet if every dollar you make is taxed more after they took it from us in the first place.... I'm referring to wallstreet greed and congressional greed... you notice that they still get their free medical, retirement, and payraises... don't you...

Aloha... :cool: :beer:

· Registered
608 Posts
Personally, I have no faith in our gov'mnt fixing the economy. Seems to me that every time they get involved it gets worse sooner or later.. As I recall the fix for the housing market a few years ago got all this started..

· Registered
76,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Zilla, you an I agree on much more than might originally be evident... :grin:

The only way to accomplish saving the economy is to let it sort itself out. However, that would be painful for some, maybe as much as 15-20% of the population for maybe a year or so, but we'd come out of it, lean and mean. On the way crime would soar. But over the long term, we'd do better I think than with any kind of overall bailout... which is them reaching into your pocket and mine. Ive worked hard for my coin.. I DON'T FEEL LIKE SHARING.

Aloha... :cool: :beer:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.