Archery Talk Forum banner

Another question about drop aways

559 Views 4 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  Scrat
I am looking at geting a drop away rest and have heard a lot of good things about a lot of them but I was wondering if anyone has any personal experience with The Wammy by SpotHogg. If so what are your opinions on them?

Thanx
Scrat
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
272 Posts
Nicely built rest and a good concept. I like the way it does not pull on the cables at draw, which can effect cam timing. However, I did not like the prongs. I found them to be very un-forgiving of the slightest amount of riser torque. I think the 2007 style prongs are more forgiving, but they don't hold the arrow shaft that well. The teflon prong covers also wear grooves pretty quicky. You don't have to use them, but they reduce noise on draw.

~petev

· Registered
7,657 Posts
i prefer the qad ultra rest proseries......i won it at the R100 shoot this year. i had a sims limbsaver rest and it was just ok but i love the ultra rest i have now. your arrow CAN'T fall off the rest even tipped upside down, it remains ready to shoot even if you have to let the bow down and it's super quiet too! i'd really look into that rest, but then again that's just my opinion. good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.