Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Reverend
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Slick Trick Versus Big Animals
I've heard and seen great things when it comes to penetration on deer and smaller hogs, but how well do these heads stack up against big bodied animals, where conventional wisdom says go with a 2 -blade. I'm referring to animals like hogzillas, moose, elk, kudu, gemsbok, warthog, buffalo, etc.?

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
I don't know if you consider Quebec/Labrador caribou big, but I'll let you know how they worked at the end of this month. :tongue:

·
Registered
197 Posts
There is a thread on a guy who shot a bull elk with a slick trick and it did some damage. Awsome entry hole... never passsed through but he went 100 yards or something. Check it out, its in this thread.

·
Registered
11,484 Posts
I know Rich (bowhuntnrrl) has taken Elk and rather spectacularly with a Trick. I have shot a couple of 400+ pound Bears and blew clean through them. Lots of African Game has been taken with Tricks also:)

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
I shot a 270 lb bear with one you can do a search for "my first bear" and look at the pics of it

·
Registered
566 Posts
I saw in one of the bowhunting mags (I think it was Keystone's sales mag) a guy shot a moose with one and he said that the st's performed very well.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I shot a 900lb+ moosw with one at about 35yrds and passed right through and stuck in a tree about 10 yards past where it stood,it also only ran about 60rds before going down and did it with a 390grn arrow at 257fps

Jared

1 - 11 of 11 Posts