Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some 4 blade slicktricks and muzzy's fixed blades. I am hunting on the edge of private land and after reading a few posts am worried about a bird flying off on me if I don't shoot him with a expandable. I have never shot a turkey with my bow and am not sure what will happen. Should igo buy expandables for turkeys? thanx for any help. Travis

·
Banned
10,353 Posts
There are no guarantees in bowhunting bud. I have seen birds get hammered by a massive cutting mechanical and fly off, while a tiny cutting Sonic head dropped them in their tracks on an almost identical shot. The only way to MAKE SURE they don't go anywhere is to take off their head :darkbeer:

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Shot placement is more important than the type of broadhead used. Large cut mechanicals will give you a little more margin for error, and normally have more "knock down" power than a fixed blade head. Shoot what you are confident with, and like John says if nothing else aim for the head...either a kill or a miss.

·
Registered
203 Posts
im going to be using some Muxxy MX-3's when i go and i was told to put adder points on... they are supposed to keep the arrow in the bird instead of allowing a pass though.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts