1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just browsing and came across an Italian archery sales site and
saw this odd looking riser:

http://www.arcoefrecce.it/arcieria/dettaglio.asp?Codice=502091

It reminds me of what would be part of the landing gear of a 'flying saucer' in a 1950's Sci-Fi movie.

With the crummy online translator, it looks like the big deal about this riser is that it adjusts (limb pockets) from 23" to 26" and doesn't come with a grip (but Hoyt standard compatible). For 550 (Euros?) I think it should come with the grip as shown.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Interesting riser, althought it looks more modern than a '50s sci-fi flick. Maybe a '70s James Bond movie.

Interesting how the designer thought outside the box on how limb pockets should be designed/built. It looks like there may be intermediate point for a 24" riser height.

Is there really a need/demand to be able to change your riser length?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought of one (only) reason why that riser might be handy: to check what length of bow works best (string angle, draw length).

·
Registered
412 Posts
How about for parents who don't want to buy 2 risers in 2 years because their kid is growing too fast. :)

Or what if you have limbs that are shorter or longer than what you want for your preferred bowlength and you don't have money to buy another set of limbs?

Sounds like a good idea to me. Maybe before its time?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts