Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, weird question for ya.

A guy wants to trade me a hunter for my answer, but wants to switch the limbs between the two. He's claiming that the limbs on a 2012 answer and 2012 hunters are universal....is this true?

thanks

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Yes it is true, all Elite limbs will fit any Elite bow. The only difference is what deflection makes what DW on different bows. You can reference the tech chart for 2012 to see if the deflections are the same. If they are not you can still use them but the DW will change. The only exception to the above is the 2014-2015 Energy series bows use a 12.5" long limb vice the 13" long limbs on all others.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
If you put your answer limbs on the hunter...the Hunter is going to have a lower DW than the Answer with the same limbs. For example 70 lbs answer limbs are 114 deflection. Those limbs will only make 65 lbs on the Hunter. You will need 105 deflection limbs to make a 70 lbs Hunter. If your Answer is a 60 lber it uses 135 deflection limbs and that will make the Hunter around 55 lbs. What is the DW for the 2 bows in question?

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info. His hunter is a 60-70lb and my Answer is 50-60

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Yeah if you swap limbs the Answer will be a 70-80 lbs beast and the Hunter is going to be a buttery smooth low poundage shooter at about 55 lbs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts