Archery Talk Forum banner

antler knife

752 Views 7 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Davy C
i was hoping i could get some advice on how to make an antler handled knife, I have the old shed antler and i have a knife blade i want to use but i dont know anything about attaching finger guards or the brass covers where the blade comes into the handle. can any body help?
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
171 Posts
PM rancid crabtree.........he is a fantastic knife maker. I'm shure he could give you some pointers.:darkbeer:
+500 on this reply

Go to the DIY section and search for rancid_crabtree's threads. He is an AWESOME DIY knife maker.

· Registered
201 Posts
I've made a couple. Does your blade have a tang? If so you just need to get a finger guard. Google "Track of the Wolf" they carry a number of different styles. Just cut the tang to a length that will fit inside your antler, drill a hole in the antler. Rough shape the finger guard and put the tang through it and epoxy into the antler. I always cut some notches and or add drill holes in the tang to help it grip the glue. Once dry, do the final shaping, that''s the basic steps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.