Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Team Antler Assassins (team 22)

TEAM ANTLER ASSASSINS HERE IS OUR OFFICIAL TEAM NAME AND THREAD SO LET'S START POSTING AWAY IN HERE. AND GOODLUCK TO EVERYONE OF YOU THIS YEAR, LET'S HOPE WE ALL HAVE A NICE, PLEASANT, SUCCESSFUL, AND SAFE HUNTING SEASON.:wink:

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks

thanks, and I hope we will all do good this year. Also I will contact one of the mods in this section to have them delete the other thread, I would but don't want to step on any toes.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Good Luck Guys

Just wanted to say good luck and be safe. Two days and an early wake up for me.

Oz

·
Registered
6 Posts
Waiting patiently here, going to go salmon fishing tomarrow for a few days to take the edge off. Good luck everyone! Keep your fletchings dry.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Sep 15 is my big day, but I've got some equipment problems. I nicked my infinity cam on a treestand while practicing from a sitting position. My pro shop is going to call BowTech tomorrow to try and get a replacement, but the bow has been out of production for a few years. The damage is ever so slight, but it is wearing the serving on my cable. The pro shop tied fixing it, but after shooting my video league tonight I see it is still wearing on the serving. I'm continuing to shoot, but keeping a careful eye on it. I think I can make it through the season if need be without doing anything, but re serving the cable is also an option if it gets bad. I'm hoping I can get a replacement, but im not dead in the water yet.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
WTG Canuck!!! Our captain scores first, leading by example is always the best!!! Congratulations, I can't wait to start hunting.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
StrutStopper said:
Sep 15 is my big day, but I've got some equipment problems.
Equipment problems mean we gotta put you on the injured list, and get a replacement! :tongue: I hope you get everything solved in a timely matter so you can hunt without any problems..it's never nice having trouble this close to the season. Good luck!

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
WTG Canuck, getting us on the board early! Spiker, it's merely a flesh wound, putting me on the DL isn't necessary. When the bow blows up, assuming I can still type, I'll let you know. Honestly, it won't get to that.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Congrats Cunuck!!!

Man that is awesome... I would love to shoot a buck in velvet someday..... They are all hard headed by the time our season opens here in Michigan, but I'm thinkin of hitting the early season in Kentucky next year for a chance at a velvet buck!

Any way Congrats man! Give us the details when you get cleaned up!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Thanks for the smacks on the back, you guys. It went something like this:

Early archery season opened Sept 1 and I was in my favorite territory before sunup every morning. I have identified at least 20 different bucks there, including 2 or 3 whoppers. But every time I picked a trail to cover, it seemed most of the traffic was on another 60 to 100 yards away. A few small bucks offered opportunities but they weren't that tempting.

On Tuesday, I watched helplessly as a parade of 5 bucks, all 4x4 or larger, traipsed along a trail I had almost set up on. This was 70 yards from my position. So I decided to hit that location exclusively for the final 4 days of archery (firearms starts Sept 10). This morning it came together - almost had a spike in my lap, then 2 4-points moseyed in front of me at 30 yd. The shot passed right through both lungs to the ground beyond and the buck trotted away almost casually for 150 yards before falling over.

He wasn't the biggest of what I had been seeing by any means, but he was today's biggest. Although bow hunting is allowed right through firearms season, I don't really want to be concealing myself during that period. Late archery, after guns is finished, doesn't start until Nov 25 and I am scheduled for shoulder surgery before then. So I thought a bird in the hand would be a good idea. Near as i can get it, he scores 87 7/8.

B-DUB, since our season opens Sept 1, which is also about when bucks are just beginning to rub, the chances of getting one in velvet are pretty good. Over the years I've got probably about 10 of them. They are pretty nifty alright.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Equipment update: I just got off the phone with the pro shop and a new cam is on the way from BowTech! I won't have it until after my first couple days out though, but at least its on its way. I'll be hunting next Friday and Saturday, 2 different places, 2 different buddies. I'm gonna have to do some fishing in the mean time to stay sane until I can get up a tree.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
StrutStopper said:
Equipment update: I just got off the phone with the pro shop and a new cam is on the way from BowTech! I won't have it until after my first couple days out though, but at least its on its way.
Nice...you've been upgraded to probable:thumbs_up

·
Registered
218 Posts
Cool, it looks like the season is getting pretty close for most of you. It's always neat to anticipate how you're going to catch up to that elusive buck, and I'm rooting for you 100%.

Firearms season starts here tomorrow, so I think the deer will become much more elusive real quick. So for fun, I went out at the usual hunting time this morning but armed with a camera. The deer were still nice and relaxed but it was a little dark for pictures when they came by my spot, so the slow shutter speed gave me only blurry images. Here's one of the nicer bucks.

·
Registered
373 Posts
2 Days 2 Deer

Just a quick note to let you know I scored a doe on opening day and a spike buck this morning, more to follow, will get the pictures one here as soon as I can.

Oz

Guess I can probably tell you now, these are my first two deer with a bow (didn't want to scare you before) and my first buck (even though he's only a spiker). Still can shoot another couple of bucks so we'll see if I can get one bigger.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
50 points

My first 2006 ND Doe-could have taken two or three more if ND Game and Fish wouldn't be so slow shipping tags!!:mad:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 128 Posts