Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Bowhunt/Homebrew have FUN
24,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you believe WMU 5C is SOLD OUT.....103,000 antlerless tags....YIKES!!!

Statewide 791,049 sold with 2951 still available as of Friday.

I know every tag does not equal a harvest, but every tag does cost minimally $6.70 for a resident or $26.70 for a non-resident tag......let's assume only 20% of the tag sales went to non-residents (which would be well below past averages)....the PAGC grossed a whopping $8,464,270 in antlerless tag sales ALONE....WOW!

Joe

·
Registered
I don’t hunt for the sport I hunt for the meat
25,400 Posts
Yep and a estimated 1,000,000 deer herd. Do the Math with buck tags if they were all filled we could wipe the entire herd out in 1 yr!!! Yeah that's great management

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Ouch...deer are getting pounded up there this year! Your gonna see the results for the next few years no doubt.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
If all of them were shot in 5c there would probably be no deer in bucks county at all.

·
24,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I spoke with the clerk at the Chester County courthouse on Thursday and she told me that a guy came in earlier this month and purchased 20 tags at one shot....why would the PAGC even allow that to be possible? I was thinking (always dangerous), but I bet if they would only allow one tag to be purchased at a time and the next tag could not be purchased until you register a harvest linked to the first tag you purchased, that might help encourage folks to actually report their deer harvests. I think I read this summer that the PAGC conservatively estimates that more than 80% of the deer harvested go unreported.....I'm not sure if I quite believe that and they do continuously fall back on this mystery data to support their truly unexplainable rationale for many of their actions (WMU boundaries, tag allocations, etc...)...I know it is a bit of pipe dream to think that they would actually do something that might benefit the Sportsman of the state, especially if there were even the slightest chance it would hit their wallet.....

Joe

·
Grumpy Old Man
26,816 Posts
Ouch...deer are getting pounded up there this year! Your gonna see the results for the next few years no doubt.
Started seeing the results 10 years ago when they started this herd reduction thing.....it's only gotten worse.

·
Registered
spoon & crockpot proud member......killing tomorrows trophys today
29,189 Posts
I really think they don't want a true harvest total. There are many things they can implement to achieve a more accurate harvest total and get hunters on board with reporting but they would rather pick a number out of a hat.

·
24,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I really think they don't want a true harvest total. There are many things they can implement to achieve a more accurate harvest total and get hunters on board with reporting but they would rather pick a number out of a hat.
Amen.....

Joe

·
Registered
420 Posts
They absolutely don't want an accurate way to report harvests because then they would have concrete data! With the true data they would never be able to do half the things they want to do!

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Correct me if I am wrong. We dont even have 791,000 antlerless deer in this state. Thats like selling more tickets than there are seats in the stadium. Ridiculous.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Gotta say. I see to many does. In not helping the doe herd either. I like deer meat

·
Registered
19,353 Posts
Numbers are definately down in areas of hunter access. On a large, beautiful property here in 5C back when I began to bowhunt and joined AT, I would see 20-40 deer every outing. Now a heavy deer day is 6-10.
In my area of 5C there are alot more bowhunters now with the broad spectrum of weapons choices, and less shotgun guys seen.

·
BIG FRANK....
8,510 Posts
What is they're reasoning for issuing so many Doe Tags? They should do a $25.00 fine for not reporting there Tags, if they kill anything or not, like they started here in Oregon this year..

·
Registered
775 Posts
1 - 20 of 113 Posts