Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know if,when,or where there are any 3d shoots in Minnesota in 2013? Recreational or competitive.how do these shoots work? Is it based on your skill level,age? Any info would be great. thanks in advance.

·
Matt R
2,117 Posts
Many 3D shoots in MN. I live just north of the cities and can shoot one nearly every weekend. There is an archery club in Lakeville that is supposed to have an excellant course, never been there myself, but have heard goood things about it.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
goto 3dshoot.com you can find a bunch of shoots in your area just put in your zipcode

·
Matt R
2,117 Posts
Yep, Chillakoot, Rapids Archery, BESA (Bald Eagle Sportsmans Association)...these all have monthly shoots and very well setup courses.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks much...I have been a gun hunter till this fall,never once thought archery would be so fun.how come archery is isn't a water cooler subject? I have been at my job for 14 years,and the same guys that gun hunt have been in archery.but i would have never have known till i bought a bow and started talking about it.i can't get enough of this sport.from conversation on here or going to my pro shop 3/4 times a week to shoot the chit.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks misfit. That is a big help. Just went there. Can't wait for Mother Nature to get out of our way here in Minnesota.and to think spring starts tomorrow.

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
Agreed. Lots of them! If you are interested, Broken Arrow's range is just about an hour south of the cities and we have monthly shoots starting in April. On Memorial Day weekend we are having a big 3D money shoot and there will be money awarded not only to the top archers but to people who win elimination rounds. There are also tons of door prizes such as 3D targets, game cameras, tons of small accessories, something will be offered from Vapor Trail (not sure yet what), raffles for a PSE DNA and a Mission Craze. There will be a shoot at a running rabbit and a **** shoot as well. We are also having a rib dinner by the fire and you can shoot a 10 target practice round. This shoot is going to be a blast. Like I said, something for everyone. You will also find that as you go to these shoots, people are very friendly and helpful. All of them are very family orientated and you should just jump in and do it!

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Thanks misfit. That is a big help. Just went there. Can't wait for Mother Nature to get out of our way here in Minnesota.and to think spring starts tomorrow.
Yea I love that website me and a few friends usually pick a different place and go shoot it every week. I even go by myself. Nice thing I've noticed about archery most people are really nice and friendly if you don't want to shoot by yourself I usually just ask smaller groups if they mind if I shoot with them. I have met a lot of really nice people that way.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have always been a person that could go to party and meet new friends,but kind of nervous to show up and make a fool out of myself.do these shoots put you in separate classes according to your ability? Are kids welcome to shoot? My kids are 10 and 8.we go to local pro shops and shoot in there 20 yard range and do well.

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
At our shoots everyone shoots together but there are seperate classes. Kids are ALWAYS welcome on our course and all I have been to.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts