Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last fall, I bought one of these for my children. I am a smaller-framed person to begin with and I find myself shooting it, too. Its a lot more compact package than my Buckbuster.

So I was at my local shop yesterday and they have a bunch of Challengers that just came in. And I must admit, I am really thinking of buying a second one for me!

Anyone else, or am I all alone in this?

·
Registered
397 Posts
still shoot my buckhunter xp 4 turkey huntin

·
Registered
5 Posts
I bought one for the kids last year. They like shooting it but still don't want to shoot a deer so I'll be in the woods with it come bow season this year. I'm 5' 7" and it fits me pretty well. I love shooting it.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies. They are really a sweet little bow. I think they can be adjusted between 125 & 150#, right?

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Nothing wrong with that. I know of some people that would carry youth shotguns for rabbit hunting because of the lighter weight and shorter barrels. They are also easier to shoulder when you have alot of clothes on.

·
Registered
11,779 Posts
I held one a few weeks ago at our Deer Classic and was impressed how good it felt, I'd shoot one !

·
Registered
937 Posts
I held one at the Ohio Show last weekend and I was impressed with it. No reason it shouldn't work.

HortonWildman

·
Banned
3,426 Posts
I shot one last spring, and was really impressed. I know some of the early ones had limb problems, but I think Parker has gotten a handle on that. At least I haven't heard of any problems lately.

They are light, easy to cock, fairly good speeds for draw weights, good trigger, and reasonably priced.

·
crossbows are archery :)
7,078 Posts
Yep know of a few hunters slip on a recoil pad over the butt stock to make up the 1-2 inches. I love this lil bow! 300 fps light as a feather!

I can shoot any one of Parker Bows, I shoot and Hunt with the Thunderhawk/Blackhawk. Why..? Its light as all get out, easy to load. I have shot my fair share of doubles in the tree stand! And its 320 fps! Really whats not to love about this bow..? Oh its plastic..so what my day job I carry a "plastic" gun(glock 22) not worries :shade:. Both are solid weapons.

Yeah they had some problems, but I think they were fixed. Besides 100% life time fix it if it breaks!

Got to love the Parker Bows!

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
We can give you all the opinions but as Pin and a lot of others have said at the end of the day, if it is the right fit for you, that is all that matters.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts