Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I've seen quite a few Ramcat BH threads and everyone seems to love them. I was wondering, is there anyone here who has had a bad experience with Ramcats?

I am going to hopefully be archery hunting for deer for the 1st time this year and think I might try Ramcats. I do have a short DL (25") and poundage (hopefully 50-55lbs) though. But I heard they will work even with this set up.

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Bump for a good question I have not heard anything negative on them..

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I have not had anything bad happen with them. I would say based on what I have read the only "bad"thing people complain about is that the screws are on the high maintence side. I use a little locktite and I never have a problem.

Only other thing is I have seen a couple posts where people cut themselves on the back edges of the blades. Remember they are sharpened as well.

Great broadhead

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Sorry a little off topic but what quiver is everyone using with the ramcats?

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
I did something I never did before...reused a broad head after killing a deer not once but three times this year. The third buck, a late season Ct 8 pt got the better of it on the last time. I had to replace one of the three blades. The other two are original. The broad is back in quiver. Far and away the best shooting fixed blade head I ever used in 17 years of bowhunting.

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
Nope. Made a bad shot, not the broadhead's fault. They work flawlessly when put in the right spot. Just like every other broadhead.

·
Registered
24,903 Posts
fly gret, penetrate good and really let the blood out of a animal.

that being said the ones I bought for last season were not my favorites. they were different then the first ones i had. the screws were a pain in the azz, i had the option of barbed or blades way to loose. after every shot i had to retighten them. my first heads did not have these problems at all and were awsome. Im going to buy another pack and see if they are better.

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
fly gret, penetrate good and really let the blood out of a animal.

that being said the ones I bought for last season were not my favorites. they were different then the first ones i had. the screws were a pain in the azz, i had the option of barbed or blades way to loose. after every shot i had to retighten them. my first heads did not have these problems at all and were awsome. Im going to buy another pack and see if they are better.
The 2012 have a reverse threads ( think brake caliper bolts on some trucks) that should fix that easy enough.
That said I have not had any issues. I am still on my first set of three...bought 4 packs but haven't opened them. I also bought a couple packs of the 125's...because who knows I need em lol....
Far and away the best head I ever used.

·
Registered
9,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The 2012 have a reverse threads ( think brake caliper bolts on some trucks) that should fix that easy enough.
That said I have not had any issues. I am still on my first set of three...bought 4 packs but haven't opened them. I also bought a couple packs of the 125's...because who knows I need em lol....
Far and away the best head I ever used.

Sounds like Bushnell Trophy Trail Cams. They had a bad year with production in 2010 but fixed it in 2011.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts