Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a deal on a trophy ridge clutch and there are no sight in instructions...anyone have experience with this - advice? Thinking if I dial in at 20 and then 40-50 and find the tape to match I should be good but not sure...

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Just got a deal on a trophy ridge clutch and there are no sight in instructions...anyone have experience with this - advice? Thinking if I dial in at 20 and then 40-50 and find the tape to match I should be good but not sure...
As long as you have the tapes and an accurate distance measurement. Should be good to go.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
681 Posts
Should be good but I would go at 60. You can call trophy ridge and get new tapes sent to you as well.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. Any complaints with the clutch? My first single pin and didn't want to drop the $ on some of the better knows without trying it first...clutch seemed to be pretty solid for $100

·
Registered
681 Posts
Picked mine up last year and really like it. Shot my mulie at 62yrds thru the heart...

·
Registered
8,542 Posts
It is pretty solid for 100 dollars. My only complaint is they lack adjustment travel compared to many others. I had everything maxed to the top on the expedition perfexion i had and it was on at 30 yards....closest pin i could get out of it. I do however run my peep further above the loop than most so you very well may not have that issue. The same is true of windage adjustment on it. Just not a lot of travel. Mine also has a decent amount of slop in between the rail the scope attaches on and the main rail. Not overly impressive but not too bad for the money. I however would not drop a hundy on another one though.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It is pretty solid for 100 dollars. My only complaint is they lack adjustment travel compared to many others. I had everything maxed to the top on the expedition perfexion i had and it was on at 30 yards....closest pin i could get out of it. I do however run my peep further above the loop than most so you very well may not have that issue. The same is true of windage adjustment on it. Just not a lot of travel. Mine also has a decent amount of slop in between the rail the scope attaches on and the main rail. Not overly impressive but not too bad for the money. I however would not drop a hundy on another one though.
I have read some reviews saying the same thing with a slight bit of slop...did you locktite everything? That seemed to be the fix for a lot of guys. If you only had that $100 what would you go with?

·
Registered
8,542 Posts
I have read some reviews saying the same thing with a slight bit of slop...did you locktite everything? That seemed to be the fix for a lot of guys. If you only had that $100 what would you go with?
I think some of the cheaper HHA models are actually a little nicer. You can probably get a really nice lightly used higher end HHA on here in the classifieds for around that price point or just a tad higher.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts