Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the Hunt Cam last year and havent tried it yet for hunting, worked great for snowmobiling out West last winter though. Here is the issue I see--when placing the hunt cam on the bill of your hat, all is well, as its a pretty nice POV shot. The problem lies when you draw your bow to shoot, as your head turns slightly to the right, to line up to shoot, thus turning the cam so it either is looking directly at your limb, or even to the right of your bow. Now I have tried MANY differnent combonations of set-ups to try and fix this, but the only thing that really works, but isnt that pratical is turning your hat to the left, just before you shoot, then the cam looks right down the bow, and looks good. Part of the probelm is "The Hunt Cam" has a fairly narrow lens angle, so maybe a differnet cam with a wider angle lens wouldnt encounter as many issues....?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Bought a helmet cam from ebay to play with this hunting season. Have tried around the house and on the quad and video looks great. Cam has a sony ex-view ccd which is supposed to perform well in low light- we'll see. Our season is 2 weeks away and started thinking about how I wanted to mount the cam. Came up with same ideas as you (except opposite because i shoot lefty). I also purchased 4 different lenses to try with it. I also have the wired lanc remote to control the camcorder to try and save the batteries a bit. We'll have to compare notes after the season and try to come up with some tricks. Good luck this season

1 - 2 of 2 Posts