Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We film hunts for a hunting show and they called me and asked if we wanted to go to new york . Its 90 miles outside new york city i dont have all the details yet. I'm just trying to figure out if its worth going.i haven't heard about many big bucks coming from there.

·
Registered
543 Posts
So I guess the hunt will be in the catskills? Don't know much about that area but I grew up in Northeast PA and we always had good luck hunting.

·
BIRD HUNTER
11,193 Posts
There are some big ones out her it takes a 140 to make the state book with gun and 120 for a bow. But if there not on land that is managed, then things might not be so good. In my areas a deer has a slim change of living long enough to produce a good rack.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
NY has some of the Biggest spikes and 4pts in the US!
Good luck!

·
have bow-will travel
3,993 Posts
There are some big ones out her it takes a 140 to make the state book with gun and 120 for a bow. But if there not on land that is managed, then things might not be so good. In my areas a deer has a slim change of living long enough to produce a good rack.
What Mike says is true, some GIANTS in the suburbs, and big private areas but generally if you shoot a 120" deer that is a once in a lifetime type event.

·
Registered
543 Posts
What Mike says is true, some GIANTS in the suburbs, and big private areas but generally if you shoot a 120" deer that is a once in a lifetime type event.
I moved to Central NY 3 years ago from NE PA and last year I shot a 120" 10 point w/ bow and have seen some studs for the next season I have my eye on. I must be lucky.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts