Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got it approved for a project for school to do bowstring making and the school will pay for a jig and such can anyone help me out and tell me what materials i should get to start out ... wanna try and keep it under 500 bucks... if possible dont have a clue were to start for jigs and materials and stuff

· Registered
2,617 Posts
Check out BCY fibers or Brownell archery. The make the materials and offer jigs as well.

· Shootin and Cussin
27,243 Posts
$500????

Just order what you need from Lancaster.

· Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im so lost on what to do lol...

· Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ya the only jig on lancaster thats cheap is on backorder .. me and my buddy are gonna be doing this ...

· Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
im just not sure what fibers and what serving i need and stuff ...

· Registered
8,662 Posts
Go to BCY or Brownell web site and do research all the information you are looking for is there. Then if you have a specific question come back and ask. Not trying to be mean but don't come here for all the answers do some research on your own. Even call either of them and get your answers from the people that know what they are talking about. They might just help with the cost. Basically use your best resources that is not AT.

· Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i am doing research on my own i confused as to what serving we will need .. i contacted brownell and bcy and bcy is sending us some materials and stuff as a donation...

· Registered
8,662 Posts
What kind of string are you trying to make Flemish for a traditional bow? Compound strings and cables? If compound for what now and cam? Did you have then also sent you the book that explains how to build them? Is the serving you are wondering about end or center serving. Did you ask BCY this question?

· Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
me and my buddy will be doing my hoyt crx 35 with number 3 cams and his rytera nemesis

· Registered
8,662 Posts
With those bows you can get away with 3D for end serving

· Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
they might be sending a dvd if not the local pro shop has a book i can borrow

· Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
alright i was reccomended # 62 braid center serving from bcy thats just for the very center of the string right? all i need to find now is what jigs to buy and what serving for the cables

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.