Archery Talk Forum banner

Any hoyt xtec shooters out there

7225 Views 24 Replies 22 Participants Last post by  citrus
I just got a 04 hoyt xtec, and just need some information. What do yall think bout them, and also how many fps are you getting out of it. Please include darw length and pounds.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
6,497 Posts
a1hoyt.ca

I have owened on of these for a long time since they were new and I still like it a lot no its not my Alpha Max but it is my 80 lb. bow so I dont shoot it as much I mainly shoot it for elk and other large game such as moose and caribou and maybe a grizzly hunt in the future. :thumbs_up:thumbs_up

· Registered
Rytera Nemesis, Easton Pro Hunters, Muzzy 3 blade, tru-Ball hinge release.
2,119 Posts
Super bow

Its a juggernaut in my opinion!! I bought one used in 05 and loved it !

· Registered
7,297 Posts
It is almost identical to the Vtec which replaced it. I owned an Ultratec which is a longer version of the Vetc. I then bought a Vtec. I loved them both. I sold my Vetc to get a Katera. Now I am trying to sell my Katera so I can go back to the longer, but slower, Vtec (or Xtec). I have a 30" draw so the length of the Vtec seems about perfect for me.

· Registered
3,868 Posts
Great bow was the same bow as the Ultratec ( considered one of Hoyts all time bows ) with just shorter limbs 1000 instead of 2000. Its a shooter for sure.:thumbs_up

· Premium Member
8,887 Posts
how many fps are you getting out of it.
The Xtec was one of Hoyt's best hunting bows to this day, and in many ways gives up almost notta to anything they've made since.

The Xtec/Vtec are the same bow for the most part, and both are reasonably fast, the IBO rating is what it is, 305fps. If you have a 30" DL, and you are shooting a shaft at 5gr arrow weight/lb bow weight, that's what you'll get. At 6gr/lb you'll see about 285fps, and at 7gr/lb about 265fps. You can trim about 10fps for every inch of DL < 30". You can gain 5fps swapping out the Hoyt OEM string/cables for a set of 8125's.

I have a '06 Vtec, and have no thought of getting rid of it. I traded a '04 Xtec to get it, and there wasn't any difference but the grip, as far as I could tell.

· Registered
1,114 Posts
indistructiable

I have had one since 04 won't ever sell it "back up bow now" the wall is mush if you don't have it timed properly,but it is so simple to time and if you get cables with a static yoke you can get rid of "all" cam lean .I have placed 1st-3rd in every 3d shoot i have shot with it, i have over two dozen robbin hoods 20- 50 yards , and some of those i was aiming at my buddies knocks lol. I took second at a bass pro shoot and won a tree stand and some other prizes.

my advise for tuning is this-first thing buy a set of 452x strings that has been stretched durring building process. second set up a good drop away-something mounted to the down cable works great w it's cam and 1/2. third get the cam timing down after you install drop away-just make sure the top and bottom cables hit the flat spot on the cam at the exact same time.forth paper tune. fith walk back tune . that bow will flat shoot after that

· Registered
236 Posts
x tec

I bought when when they came out in 04 killed everything I shot at with it for three years until I bough my vectrix in 07. you get more vibration from it at the shot because its not parallel limb but it doesnt affect the way it shoots. the thing shoots lights out Ill never sell mine too much sentimental value and besides if I needed too I could shoot it for a couple days to get used to it and then go kill anything I want to with it.I trust that bow 100%

· Registered
Rytera Nemesis, Easton Pro Hunters, Muzzy 3 blade, tru-Ball hinge release.
2,119 Posts
the best grip ever

They have the best feeling grip ever made!!!!! AWESOME!!!!!

· Registered
48 Posts
mine is 61#/29'' an di get 265fps with 400 st epics for hunting and gold tip 22's for 3d.it is the best shooting bow i have ever had and i shoot alot.:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::tongue:

· Registered
6,483 Posts
I had one for a long time shot 10fps over advertised IBO. In fact I am still shooting the same arrow out of my Alphamax only 7fps faster then my X-tec was shooting it 6 years ago. I sold it to a buddy here at work and he keeps it here so I can shoot it anytime I want, great bow.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.