Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any ideas on a cheap bow vise? I been to Lowe's a few dozen times but not smart enough to figure something out on my own. thanks

not able to afford 100 for a good one.

·
(aka lug nut)
48,383 Posts
plottman said:
Anyone have any ideas on a cheap bow vise? I been to Lowe's a few dozen times but not smart enough to figure something out on my own. thanks

not able to afford 100 for a good one.
How about a 6-inch length of 2x2 lumber
and one bolt (5/16th fine thread).

You will want an external tooth lock washer as well.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you so much. I really appreciate it.

·
Registered
640 Posts
nuts&bolts said:
How about a 6-inch length of 2x2 lumber
and one bolt (5/16th fine thread).

You will want an external tooth lock washer as well.
Hey N&B, whats up with that sight extension bar?... If it gets much longer you will be able to just rest your sight on the bulls eye.:tongue:
Seriously thought, that is pretty cool, are you shooting outdoors with that? Are you able to get to 90 meters with that length?

plottman, another good vice uses a method similar to N&B's (attaching to the stab hole).
I don’t have a pic at the moment but I will try and post one later. This is a crude drawing but it will help you get the idea.
It basically has 2 pivot points, which allow you to square your bow up.
There is a bit of welding and machining involved.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,117 Posts
hunter5425 said:
Hey N&B, whats up with that sight extension bar?... If it gets much longer you will be able to just rest your sight on the bulls eye.:tongue:
That is so he can tie a string on it and go crappie fishing if a bad day of shooting occurs! :wink: :wink: However, I doubt that N&B has bad days! Well maybe a bad day occassionally, but he would still be better than me on a good day!

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
That is very smart and simple ..nuts ..bty very nice bow as well ..thanks ..

·
(aka lug nut)
48,383 Posts
hunter5425 said:
Seriously thought, that is pretty cool, are you shooting outdoors with that? Are you able to get to 90 meters with that length?

plottman, another good vice uses a method similar to N&B's (attaching to the stab hole).
I don’t have a pic at the moment but I will try and post one later. This is a crude drawing but it will help you get the idea.
It basically has 2 pivot points, which allow you to square your bow up.
There is a bit of welding and machining involved.
Hi there hunter5425:

Haven't shot a FITA yet.

Shoot mostly NFAA field.

The 80 yd shot is not a problem.
Shooting at 57 lbs. GoldTip UL 400s sometimes. Other times, lately, the GoldTip UL Pro Series 22 fat shafts.

My marks from 10 yards to 80 yards is about a 2.5-inch spread, even at that sight radius of 39-inches.

Estimated arrow speed is in the 280-290 fps or so.

·
Registered
640 Posts
nuts&bolts said:
Hi there hunter5425:

Haven't shot a FITA yet.

Shoot mostly NFAA field.

The 80 yd shot is not a problem.
Shooting at 57 lbs. GoldTip UL 400s sometimes. Other times, lately, the GoldTip UL Pro Series 22 fat shafts.

My marks from 10 yards to 80 yards is about a 2.5-inch spread, even at that sight radius of 39-inches.

Estimated arrow speed is in the 280-290 fps or so.
Cool sounds like you'll get 90m no problem then, speed is a blessing. DL around 29"?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts