Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Elite Impulse 34 that pulls like a bear, so I thought I would put it on the draw board and just see what the scale says. So here it is, 59.6 lbs. and 30.1 lbs at full draw. If my math is correct that is only 50% let off. It has a 29 in mod and according to scale it peaks at 28.8. Anyone have any ideas what might be going on? Thanks

·
Registered
11,782 Posts
Strings and cables routed correctly?
What’s peak dw?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20,199 Posts
Peaks at 28.8? 28.8 what? Are you saying that the draw length is actually shorter than the module is supposed to be? Any chance the module is not the one you though you had or maybe you're measuring incorrectly? What is the draw weight supposed to be? Is it a 60lb bow?

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes it has a 29 in draw mod on it and with draw stops moved all the way back it is on stops at 28.8 and both cams are in time, and mods says 29. now scale length could be off an eighth or so.

·
Registered
11,782 Posts
Your let off is measured at full draw with draw stops just touching the cams. If peak is 59 then let off can’t be 50%. What letter is on the module?

·
Registered
11,782 Posts
Also when I had a energy 35 at 29” it was easy but when I went to 30” it was a lot stiffer and harder to draw. I had like 8lbs holding weight at full draw.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I hope so but if it's a 60lb bow 59.6 is probably what it's going to be. The draw length and holding weight sounds to me like the stops may be set a little short....not getting all the way into the valley before they hit. First thing I'd check any way.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Have to say, not much valley at all. And stops are all the back, should be a lot of valley

·
Just thwackin' it.
7,072 Posts
I bet the timing is off. Not necessarily the sync of the cams together, but they are more than likely over-advanced or over-******ed, I can't remember which one will result in a short to non-existant valley. Maybe the string specs are off.

Edit: wow, can't say r-e-t-a-r-d even when used technically/scientifically.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
brace height is dead on, like I said ata is a 1/16 over, and the bow has had maybe 30 shots thru it. And the stop slot is only a inch or inch and quarter long so there isn't much adjustment on the stops

·
(aka lug nut)
48,354 Posts
I have an Elite Impulse 34 that pulls like a bear, so I thought I would put it on the draw board and just see what the scale says. So here it is, 59.6 lbs. and 30.1 lbs at full draw. If my math is correct that is only 50% let off. It has a 29 in mod and according to scale it peaks at 28.8. Anyone have any ideas what might be going on? Thanks
Take a photo of the bow at brace height (bow at rest). Need to see all of the bow in the photo.
Take close up photos of the top cam (both sides). Two photos.
Take close photos of the bottom cam (both sides). Two photos.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts